account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 91 of 953
Message 91 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

It should be using a small percentage,otherway it is acting up and using the battery.Did you try to uninstall updates for google play services?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 92 of 953
Message 92 of 953

I reverted back to AOKP 4.4.2, The battery use is back to normal and very minimal drain. Here's a snapshot of use. Google services are high only because I had 12 updates after restoring my system from last week. Otherwise, screen use is the highest percentage which is what you would expect. I hope Sony addresses this issue. Notice the estimated time remaining amount. MUCH higher than with stock Sony 4.4.2 ROM.

AOKP 4.4.2 Battery Usage

--
Peter
Xperia ZL C6506
AOKP Rom User
Learner
Message 93 of 953
Message 93 of 953

I did my first KitKat update OTA and had major battery issue I used the repair function on Sony companion this morning and it seems to be back to normal today after the update you must do a full back up first though I'll report back tomorrow's battery life when back in work and it getsa few more calls and emails
Adviser
Message 94 of 953
Message 94 of 953

It won't let me uninstall google play services. I've reset cache. It was using 35% battery this morning then looked again this afternoon and it was using 85%. Not sure what else I can do. Very fed up after over a week of this issue now Slightly frowning Face
Adviser
Message 95 of 953
Message 95 of 953

Just got home from work, not used my phone all day. I left it switched on but turned wifi off, just had a look and google play services is using 45% of my battery?! This seems a lot? Help?!
Adviser
Message 96 of 953
Message 96 of 953

To stop draining the battery, turn off Setings > Location. Then restart the phone.

For me, it works until I turn again Locations. Maybe not immediately, but draining the battery starts shortly thereafter.

Adept
Message 97 of 953
Message 97 of 953

It tried shutting off location, and now the battery doesn't seem to drain as fast, but I'll have to wait and see for a few days.. It has to be some bug with Location services..
One time poster
Message 98 of 953
Message 98 of 953

Yesterday I installed gservice fix: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix and battery life is better. (but it's still not so good like before update) However I had to turn off location and disabled sync. Plus I noticed that before installing gservice google services consume 89% now it's 13% but insted of it android services started to consume 40% of battery!!! So the problem still remains unsolved. Please give me some advice! I haven't got a courage to downgrade to jelly bean I don't want to make a brick of my phone. Google or sony must start to do something!!!

Learner
Message 99 of 953
Message 99 of 953

After a repair download through my PC initially it looked like a fox but it seems this was just short term yesterday my phone was completely dead by lunch time when normally I would have over 50 -60 % left by 6pm when after calls, emails and social checking in, I did read a part yesterday by Sony that they are aware of the issue and are waiting on Google repairing the Google play apps so for now I've disabled all Google services and I'll see how it goes today
Enthusiast
Message 100 of 953
Message 100 of 953

for those who can't clear cache and data from google services just remove it from device administrator... settings>security>device administrators and deselect google services or play services if its ticked and then clear cache and data in settings>apps>google services....restart phone.