account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 71 of 953
Message 71 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

I totally agre,this is not good at all.

iev
Apprentice
Message 72 of 953
Message 72 of 953

Never even used my phone yesterday due to there been no signal for the best of 8 hours for it to die on me so in the space of 9 hours the battery died with no use except for first thing in the morning.... Sony are a joke
Adviser
Message 73 of 953
Message 73 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

When I try disable google services, it says do u want to install factory version. What did u say that? Is it easy to reinstall normal version after?
Talent
Message 74 of 953
Message 74 of 953

Re: Battery Draining issue started in 4.3...

Anybody here facing the auto rotation problem? Its really annoying when I watch videos or photos. Another problem arised these, the vibration stops working sometimes, it works back only after a restart. I wonder when we'll get a bug free sony update, such buggy updates are ruining our phones.
Learner
Message 75 of 953
Message 75 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

I done a phone repair in pc companion 2 days ago after backing up with app on phone, after repair I restored, phone still going great 2 days later. No battery problem
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 76 of 953
Message 76 of 953

No problem man just yes for factory version and reboot device then update play store to latest version.
Adept
Message 77 of 953
Message 77 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

I have been having the infamous battery drain problem as well. Google play eating the battery and never lets the phone sleep,keeping it awake the whole time.

In previous version I had the location service turned on since I wanted to have My Xperia -service activated. Now it seems that the only way to handle the huge drain is to set location off.

I really hope that there is a bug and it's something easy for Sony to fix. Next time I'll make sure I buy a phone with great battery life.

I just tried repairing the phone and will give it a few days to settle down. I also changed location settings to battery saving option. I will see what happens.
Enthusiast
Message 78 of 953
Message 78 of 953

Hi Again.

Its been a week since the KitKat upgrade.

I recommended the workaround app from the Play Store (see my earlier post). On reflection I'm not sure if it has done anything.

I then followed another forum poster's advice and deleted all the data from the google apps on my phone last night.

Today my battery seems to be back to jellybean performance levels. As i write I'm at 42% after a normal day's use which is perfectly acceptable. Google Play does not feature at all in Battery usage!

I'm not sure if the fixes have worked or the phone has fixed itself but just wanted to share my experience with you all.Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 79 of 953
Message 79 of 953

I'd like to know this too. I was told to disable but i clicked that and confirmed. It then asked me to change to factory version, i clicked ok, then ok but nothing changed.

Learner
Message 80 of 953
Message 80 of 953

my phone says google services cant be disabled as its an "active device administrator"