account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 953
Message 41 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

Haha I'm.getting some irritated warning message that enable google services but np it's in notification bar only...and thanks for your idea.
One time poster
Message 42 of 953
Message 42 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Battery Life after system update

Yup my battery life is dreadful since I updated the software. Barely lasting half a day now despite having all the wifi, data usage, bluetooth switched off - used to last about 2 days. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement - how can a company release an update like this without doing basic tests - it seems there are thousands (if not more) in the same boat. I loved my Xperia Z but if this doesnt get fixed soon I'll be looking to get out of my contract and ask for a refund. Not ideal when ly dad is in hiospital and I need to have my phone on for updates - been without it for the past few hours and still an hour from getting home to check in with my mam.

Visitor
Message 43 of 953
Message 43 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

I figured out this was caused by Google Play Services, it can be confirmed by going into the battery usage, you'll see that Google Play Services is causing the drain. You can either disable it or download this; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix

I don't know what it does but it works, credits for the app mentioned go to the first replier!
Thanks a ton!

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 953
Message 44 of 953

I am using the app I recommended but my battery is really struggling after installing it yesterday. I'm not sure that it is a proper fix for the Google play bug. How do you disable Google play as it has used 50%of my battery and I'm down to 12%power after 13 hours of light use. Help please!
Message 45 of 953
Message 45 of 953

Xperia Z 4.4 update issues UK O2 Network

Upgraded to 4.4 and now my battery life is halved,

Google play services is using it all and I am getting serious amounts lag.

Has anyone found a cause for this yet?
Message 46 of 953
Message 46 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Battery Life after system update

I am getting the same, its ridiculous, and to add insult to injury they dont allow you to down grade as its their policy to offer you the best service they believe they can offer.

I WANT TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO 4.3 PLEASE SONY!
Message 47 of 953
Message 47 of 953

Re: Xperia Z 4.4 update issues UK O2 Network

It shouldn't be like that. Do a repair with PC Companion.
One time poster
Message 48 of 953
Message 48 of 953

Update to 4.4.2 and now my phone is don`t turn on. What I got to do now?

Adviser
Message 49 of 953
Message 49 of 953

@DrAlexTM

Hey Alex

Have you tried the usual? Hard reset with button? Start in safe mode by pressing Volume Down and Power together? Connecting it through PC Companion or SUS and returning the Device to factory defaults?

"I know quote-fu"

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 50 of 953
Message 50 of 953

Go to settings and switch off all location services. My battery life has improved dramatically since switching this service off.