account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 30 of 953
Message 30 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

@NAYAN_GOKULL wrote:
The problem.. Is from Google.. As this is not changed by Sony development team.. Please understand battery will go to normal after a couple of days. Mid not u'll have to repair it.. The gps is now changed by Google to help it locate and find using its satellite easily.. If the source code is that way... Sony can't do a think .. Hope u understand frnd

The man is right.

Did my update on the 21st, as it was released. Experienced same problem with battery life/heat issue (if you can call that heat... My coffee mug is a lot hotter) and it's all back to normal. We're the 26th of May right now, and as I speak, my performances, including battery life and CPU temp. are back to normal. Give it some time. It's always the same thing, as it was with 4.2 and 4.3.

On a side note, to the gentleman who posted about the new location service: if you change the setting for precision, you can chose so that it can make use of GPS, Wifi and Network location, Wifi and Network only, or GPS only. Try switching i, and you should be all set for that.

"I know quote-fu"

Commissioner
Message 31 of 953
Message 31 of 953

Re: new update killing my battery

Screenshot_2014-05-27-09-39-55.png

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 32 of 953
Message 32 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

My battery drains normal now,after 4 days of new update instalation.I have other problems:

1. Lag in the setup menu (i don't remember had it before update instalation)

2. A noise in the internal speaker when i call somebody(not always,only some calls) like a short interruption (like a cable when you plug it and unplug it and the speaker make a noise).Can somebody help me?That noise has any thing to do with the update?Or the company services? Or problems with the speaker...

One time poster
Message 33 of 953
Message 33 of 953

**BATTERY LIFE - SOFTWARE UPDATE

Two days ago my Z was asked to install software update (Android 4.4.2 - Kernel 3.4.0 Edition 10.5.A.0.230). Unfortunately and without any previous symptoms, the battery life (with minimum use) does not manage to reach a full day!!!!!!!!!!! I need to know why an update has to harm a product instead of upgrading it.......... How can I restore my previous status which was enough satisfying?

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 953
Message 34 of 953

Re: **BATTERY LIFE - SOFTWARE UPDATE

even 4.3 also killing battery from past one week...im still on 4.3 but Google Services takes 85% battery and standby time just 7hours only Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 953
Message 35 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

just disable google services from settings>apps>google service. it helps but warning popup irritating

Commissioner
Message 36 of 953
Message 36 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

It's funny that I first told you to disable it(check pg1) Face with stuck-out Tongue
And yea I've disabled it. And I don't get any warning messages.
Learner
Message 37 of 953
Message 37 of 953

Xperia Z Battery Life after system update

I recently updated the softawre on my phone. I tried ignoring it but it kept coming up so i installed it.

Before the installation, the battery life on my phone was brilliant, last 2+ days with modertae use (my wifi is switched off and i have the power save mode on). Since the update, i dont even get 12 hours of no use!!!! At 11.30pm yesterday i had 100%, woke up at 630am today and it is at 35%!!!

Has the software update affected this???? It's the only change to my phone.

Can i unistall this software????

Thank you in advance.

Learner
Message 38 of 953
Message 38 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Battery Life after system update

I have a similar problem. In the list of battery usage occupy service Google. But there are many applications that use data services. Disable that I do not know.
Enthusiast
Message 40 of 953
Message 40 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

Wow its awesome. Let me try but I didn't get 4.4 now but battery draining in 4.3