account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 953
Message 20 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

It's unbelievable! When did you buy it?
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 953
Message 21 of 953

In my xperia zl the walkman and media server are take 27% and 25% accordance.
Apprentice
Message 22 of 953
Message 22 of 953

On my phone Google service eats 85% of my battery.

I did a search and i found is a problem on many devices after updating to kitkat.

So my advise DON'T UPDATE TO KITKAT . at lest not now. wait for the the fixes.

i wait a point of view from sony here but it seems they don't want to answer us. At least tell us you know about this problem

--------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z (C 6603)
Learner
Message 23 of 953
Message 23 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

Plus, my phone gets really hot even when I use it less than a minute. Battery life awful awful! Sony do something about this immediately!
Commissioner
Message 24 of 953
Message 24 of 953

But my phone is still on jelly bean 4.3
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 953
Message 25 of 953

It's one year old and working good upto last week but suddenly google services killing battery and still I'm on 4.3
Rookie
Message 26 of 953
Message 26 of 953

So I spent some time today playing with different settings on the phone and discovered a rather puzzling change to the GPS/Location settings within Kit-Kat.

The passive location settings (Wi-Fi/Network) appear to be combined with the phone GPS system. Once Location is on, a shiny new icon in the quick settings menu it appears the GPS radio is also on. They removed the GPS icon and GPS control from settings. So any application that requires location data and asks you to allow location data collection is now also switching on the GPS radio and although the icon is not always visible the radio is still running in the background.

GPS has always been power hungry on any phone and the Xperia was/is no different. However in previous versions of the OS I was always able to have passive location data on, and only switch GPS on when it was really needed.

For those of you who have 'Hot' handsets since the upgrade, this would also be an indication the GPS radio is on. As would my problem of charging in the car cradle (Phone never charged in the cradle while GPS and walkman were running simultaneously.)

I would be interested to hear from anybody who has the problem, let me know if this helps. I would also really like to hear some feedback from Sony. This is an issue I think needs to be resolved, and not just with a work around.

One time poster
Message 27 of 953
Message 27 of 953

Since last night I've got the same problem. My battery only last 5 hours. Over 70% of the battery use is by 'Google Services'. 

I didn't download anything or changed my settings.

One time poster
Message 28 of 953
Message 28 of 953

new update killing my battery

I have just updated my phone I have a Sony. Experia z now my phone just chews batterie life a friend of mine has the model before this one he updated his and it is doing the same thing
Message 29 of 953
Message 29 of 953

The problem.. Is from Google.. As this is not changed by Sony development team.. Please understand battery will go to normal after a couple of days. Mid not u'll have to repair it.. The gps is now changed by Google to help it locate and find using its satellite easily.. If the source code is that way... Sony can't do a think .. Hope u understand frnd