account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Talent
Message 10 of 953
Message 10 of 953

Re: Battery drain after Kitkat update.. improving

Have you tried repairing software
One time poster
Message 11 of 953
Message 11 of 953

How do you repair software please

Talent
Message 12 of 953
Message 12 of 953

Pc companion or update service can repair it with
Message 13 of 953
Message 13 of 953

PCC - http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

SUS - http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 14 of 953
Message 14 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

I really think my Phone is ruined with this short Battery life. How can we fix it? Can we do something to go back to jelly bean?
Learner
Message 15 of 953
Message 15 of 953

Not only has this so-called "update" messed up most of my apps and bogged down the overall perfomance of my phone, but I really hate a number of the changes as well.  I know hate is a strong word but in this case it fits....

I can't tell you how many times I've opened the camera app when I swipe to open with the quick button located where it is now on the lock screen.... and with the lag in the camera function it slows it down more. And thats just opening the phone.....

There are more changes that I dislike but won't go on and on.

And yes, I've restarted my phone a number of times and done other things that people suggested to "fix" these issues....

I JUST WANT JELLY BEAN BACK PLEASE.   Is it possible?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 16 of 953
Message 16 of 953

You can put my phone on that list

PLEASE COME BACK JELLY BEAN!!

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 953
Message 17 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

*bump* any admin reply please
One time poster
Message 18 of 953
Message 18 of 953

Same story here. After the update, battery life is just awful!

Rookie
Message 19 of 953
Message 19 of 953

Not happy with the Kit-Kat update. Phone is slow and judder (Which I could almost live with) but the battery performance has dropped significently since the update.

Phone will no longer charge in the car cradle, battery continues to drain at a much slower rate but it's not charging.

I've checked my battery usage and it's showing Google Play Services is using 75% of my battery. What is this now doing in the background that is having such an impact on battery performance?