account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Adept
Message 39 of 953
Message 39 of 953

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

This worked for me last night and so far today - 

Turned off location, Wifi,mobile data, NFC, bluetooth.

Cleared the caches from every google service and app.

Turned off the phone.

Turned on the phone.

Left it 10 minutes and turned on location,wifi,mobile data,NFC and bluetooth.

Left it overnight to monitor, after charging to 100%

Screenshot_2014-05-26-21-57-15.png

After leaving it overnight, battery has gone down to 86% over a 6 hour period, which is awesome compared to the last few days. This includes wifi being on and connected to  smartband.

Screenshot_2014-05-27-08-24-32.png]

Currently as it stands now, things have significantly improved, obviously will have to be monitored over a longer period,but already lasting longer than it did upto last night.

Screenshot_2014-05-27-10-11-10[1].png      Screenshot_2014-05-27-10-11-10[1].png

Please try it for yourself and report back!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 815 of 953
Message 815 of 953

Re: Xperia Z PROBLEM WITH BATERRY DRAIN IS SOLVED

In June we received reports highlighting excessive battery drain on devices running Android 4.4.1 or higher - and identified that the root cause was related to the latest version of Google Play Services (4.4.52).

Google released a fix through an update for the Google Play Services app – it has restored battery consumption to normal levels in the following devices: Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet and Xperia ZL2.

For Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL and Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Mobile is preparing an additional correction, which will be delivered in an upcoming software release - this release is now undergoing final stages of testing and will be available shortly*.

We encourage all users to update the Google Play Services app regularly to ensure normal Android application, service and device functionality.

*All software release dates are dependent on local and operator approval and release times may vary.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

952 REPLIES 952
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 953
Message 1 of 953

my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

Screenshot_2014-05-25-22-42-35.pngWhat happened to my z suddenly? Battery draining like **bleep** for Google play services.. I switched off my wifi and data connection everything but still same result in android 4.3

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 953
Message 2 of 953

Re: my z battery draining alot from past 1 week in 4.3

Settings->Apps->Google play services and click disable and see if it's improving battery.
Visitor
Message 3 of 953
Message 3 of 953

Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

I recently updated to 10.5.A.0.230 (kitkat update) and suddenly the battery life is awful, it went from being fully charged to 60% in 3 hours, with no usage whatsoever and in network mode only (no 3g or wifi)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 953
Message 4 of 953

It's just standby time..I tried disable Google play also same result..so should.I repair it from sus or go for 4.4?

Commissioner
Message 5 of 953
Message 5 of 953

Dude even I noticed right now Google play services is eating 34% of my battery and media server 39% Slightly frowning Face
So I don't think repairing will solve it. Let's wait for kitkat and see if the problem is still there.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 953
Message 6 of 953

Re: Xperia Z Kitkat update ruins my phone!

me too.

i've had a look and found this fix.

I haven't tested it yet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgeeks.gservicefix

One time poster
Message 7 of 953
Message 7 of 953

Spoiler
We are three with ruined phones... and increasing.

One time poster
Message 8 of 953
Message 8 of 953

Same for me. Usually before the update, I could have my phone run for several days without being charged, and now it can hardly go 12 hours on one full battery
Adviser
Message 9 of 953
Message 9 of 953

Battery drain after Kitkat update.. improving

Hi.

After the upgrade to Kitkat i was more than happy to experience that the Bluetooth issue was resolved. However the battery drain was horrific as most users are experiencing.

Now three days after the update, and several recharges later, it seems that battery life has improved...

The graph that show battery life is not as steep as it was the first days. There has only been three days though, but here's to hoping that the phone will "settle down".. 

J.