account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

3G network issue on Xperia ZL (India - Vodafone)

SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

3G network issue on Xperia ZL (India - Vodafone)

Hi guys,

Just to be clear I'm not really sure whether this is a problem with my phone or my network provider.
I'm posting this here to get some opinions or to see if someone has faced a similar issue before.

I stay in Bangalore, and till now, I had been using 2G network provided by Vodafone. As those who stay in India will know, Vodafone recently started providing 3G connectivity here, but, there's a catch. It uses Airtel's 3G network for it.
That means, when I'm selecting the 3G network, I've to register on Airtel IN, and that's where the trouble starts.

I set the network mode as "WCDMA(preferred)/GSM", select Airtel IN(3G) and restart my phone. For a while, the 3G seems to work fine. But afterwards, if I switch off the data, the network signal comes and goes intermittently. Ideally, if 3G network is not there, it should switch to 2G, but, it doesn't seem to happen. I don't know if it's relevant, but, my SIM card is quite old and I've been using it from past 7 years.

Any views are welcome from all. Thanks in advance for any response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: 3G network issue on Xperia ZL (India - Vodafone)

You answered your own question, you need a brand NEW MICRO SIM card 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

You answered your own question, you need a brand NEW MICRO SIM card 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Will it really solve this issue? I had read about it on some other forum, and it didn't work for that guy.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

your SIM card its way too old, most of the issues are due to an old SIM card or faulty SIM card, also make sure you get a MICRO SIM card, do NOT cut/trim a regular SIM card. 

Also, make sure that

1. you have the correct APN settings

2. your network's 3G coverage area its on your area 

Talent
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I use airtel 3g in b'lore.

first you can do is change your sim and get a new sim. youc an get from any of their outlets. 

make your phone settings are defaults (if you can a factory reset, that will be good). 

remember settings before you enable 3g. 

Enable 3g (if not enabled already or if it is not by default). 

get all internet setting configuration messages and install them . If messages come by default its good or you need to call CC to send setting to your number.

what your configuration written is same i used. CC may tell you the same but its better to confirm once again.

select 3g and after install all, reboot once. 

This should work. 

If it could be problem with the device.