account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

wifi authentication problem

Visitor
Message 21 of 50
Message 21 of 50

Re: wifi authentication problem

i also have the same problem with my xperia z ultra..

One time poster
Message 22 of 50
Message 22 of 50

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE SONY Z1 PHONE , MY PROBLEM IS NET CONNECTED BUT  , I CANNOT OPERATE THE WIFI ,IT IS SHOWING THAT AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM

One time poster
Message 23 of 50
Message 23 of 50

I work in a place where I cannot change the router settings. So here is how I solved the problem. After making sure that my credentials were correct I tweaked the settings a little bit. I went into Wi-Fi settings and used the following settings: 

EAP method: PEAP

Phase 2 authentications: MSCHAPV2

CA certificate: (unspecified)

Identity: (username)

Anonymous identity: (blank)

Password: (your password)

Hope this helps someone solve the authentication error.

One time poster
Message 24 of 50
Message 24 of 50

Re: wifi authentication problem FIX

Hi all,ive just made this account to help you all with this prob.(wel i hope i can).My daughter had same trouble for weeks(without my knowledge) before she came to BUBBA1.First go to your list of available networks,DONT try to connect the NORMAL way by clicking on your wifi etc.AT BOTTOM LEFT YOU SHOULD SEE A REFRESH BUTTON click on that badboy,then a screen will appear to tell you to press WPS BUTTON ON ROUTER.( I HAVE BT INFINITY HUB), Voila you should connect.If you dont have said button try refreshing wifi  channels on your router.Hope this helps (MODERN TECHNOLOGY,MORE TROUBLE THAN WORTH) All the best, BUBBA1

One time poster
Message 25 of 50
Message 25 of 50

whats is the problem of my phone having authentication problem when i connect in wifi..?

One time poster
Message 26 of 50
Message 26 of 50

How to set a static ip ???

One time poster
Message 27 of 50
Message 27 of 50

hello ,

i have same problem as of u...but hw u sloved from dlink router...i did software update also..and reset also...plzzz tell me how to do with router

Genius
Message 28 of 50
Message 28 of 50

Hi @ambati

Do other devices connect ok with your wifi network ?

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 29 of 50
Message 29 of 50

dude!.. the same problem.. i can only only authenticate by pushing WPS button or changing the WPS pin..i cant authenticate normally

@educeenz wrote:

having the same problem with my 3days old Z1, it fixes with pushing the WPS button on router-when you have the setting screen on phone, with the pop-up window about pushing the wps button. but when wi-fi works on my phone, it doesnt work anymore for other devices-laptops, pc.. etc. it kind of creates another(what it looks like) wi-fi that is actually the same thing, only is authentificated with the wps button, and in the meanwhile the other one is still having the authetification problem. so the phone feels a bit useles if you cant use it with wi-fi normally, if you are unlucky as me-having the APN wont save issue. so no internet at all.

Genius
Message 30 of 50
Message 30 of 50

Hi @mercchinnu

The most widespread method and which in turn is used in home networks, is the exchange of PIN. The device must transmit a numeric code to the router who will sends the data to access the network. That is, if your router has WPS enabled and you want to access your WiFi, simply have to send an 8-digit PIN code so that the router will allow access to the wireless network. Usually, the PIN code is written at the bottom, but there are alternative ways to find it out.

I hope can be useful and I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas