account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

tethering error

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 23
Message 21 of 23

Re: tethering error

I get the same error when I try to activate a hotspot to connect my playstation to, I know for a fact that my service provider (3mobile) allows WiFi hotspot usage of my Internet plan because the only solution I've found is to take my sim card out of my xperia and put it into my old phone (Samsung GT-I5500, which is considerably less advanced than my M2) and use a hotspot on that mobile Instead and it works perfectly fine.
One time poster
Message 22 of 23
Message 22 of 23

Hello Bharat, 

Please help me to fix for me also. I am also getting same issue. Teathering is not working in my laptop. I am using Xperia xa1 

Thanks 

Manikandan Thiyagarajan 

Learner
Message 23 of 23
Message 23 of 23

Is there an answer for this problem yet? 

I see people have been complaining about Xperias having this problem since 2013. 5 years later and it's still happening?!

Come on Sony, catch a wake up. I was considering sticking with Sony after being impressed with this phone, but now I'm not so sure. There are many threads on this forum about the same issue and I've yet to see Sony provide 1 answer. They just don't respond. Great "customer service" Sony. You obviously don't care. 

I travel and teach online (real-time). I often need to use my phone as a hotspot so I can do this. This problem is costing me money!