account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

sony z ultra 5.0 update issues

Adviser
Message 21 of 42
Message 21 of 42

Re: sony z ultra 5.0 update bugs

@TEH wrote:
is usefull to have mute fast key

explain ?

One time poster
Message 22 of 42
Message 22 of 42

Xperia Z Ultra problems afte lollipop

My phone has become extremely slow, graphics are broken and jumping frames, overheating. Keyboard dont work in certain websites. I have to downgrade back to kitka. My is not a Google edition edition. Please fix bugs.
Emperor
Message 23 of 42
Message 23 of 42

Re: Xperia Z Ultra problems afte lollipop

Your phone won't overheat, if it gets too hot it will shut down. reinstall the latest update with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 24 of 42
Message 24 of 42

Xperia Z ultra notification led is not working

I updated my xperia to lollipop 🍭 but the notification led is not working only work for charging the phone any help any update to repair this bug
Rookie
Message 25 of 42
Message 25 of 42

lollipop causes z ultra to run much slower

I just upgraded to lollipop and everything seems to work after upgrading EXCEPT most operations involve lengthy delays. For example, just bringing up the keyboard often takes 3 to 10 seconds. While surfing, going back often takes 3 to 10 seconds too. Drawing the main home screen home screen often goes slower and I can see individual app icons getting rendered. Is this some kind of file / storage issue? How can I debug and fix this problem?

Forum Legend
Message 26 of 42
Message 26 of 42

Re: lollipop causes z ultra to run much slower

After upgrading I always perform a system repair which often irons out issues of this nature

Performing a system repair using PC Companion will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 27 of 42
Message 27 of 42

Re: lollipop causes z ultra to run much slower

I made it go much faster by doing the following: Go to Settings, Apps, All, Contacts Storage. It says 212 MB in my case. I click on 'clear data'. Wait for Google to sync contacts again. Then it's only 18 MB after syncing. So Android seems to have some kind of bug where the contact storage gets out of control...

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 42
Message 28 of 42

Re: sony z ultra 5.0 update issues

Dear Sony,
Currently, I stop using Z Ultra device (I dont mean it is not usable) and switching to using iphone 5c while waiting for the bugs fix. Because i wasnt satisfied with the lollipop update. I just power off ZU and keep it for the purpose of using in the future when new bug fix update is rolled out. Even i choosed cheaper Iphone 5c it makes me satified with its own features. In the past when my friends asked me which smartphone they have to buy and i always recommand Xperia. But now, I m thinking of if i should recommand it or not. Sometimes i miss my ZU. Then I turned on the device and compared to my current 5c. The only thing i can do to make positive view of ZU is screen size. Thats all. iphone is extremely stable. it can also make me satisfied getting update. After updating, No need to factory reset. No need to be repaired with PCC. No need to data wipe. just update it. I can save my time simply working around with updates not like Sony devices. its not complicated too. I love you sony. i cant leave you sony till now thats why i keep my ZU but i m starting to be disappointed with the services. i dont want to see you with hopeless. i just want you to make Believe. Thank you.
Adviser
Message 29 of 42
Message 29 of 42

@David-Yaoming wrote:
Dear Sony,
Currently, I stop using Z Ultra device (I dont mean it is not usable) and switching to using iphone 5c while waiting for the bugs fix. Because i wasnt satisfied with the lollipop update. I just power off ZU and keep it for the purpose of using in the future when new bug fix update is rolled out. Even i choosed cheaper Iphone 5c it makes me satified with its own features. In the past when my friends asked me which smartphone they have to buy and i always recommand Xperia. But now, I m thinking of if i should recommand it or not. Sometimes i miss my ZU. Then I turned on the device and compared to my current 5c. The only thing i can do to make positive view of ZU is screen size. Thats all. iphone is extremely stable. it can also make me satisfied getting update. After updating, No need to factory reset. No need to be repaired with PCC. No need to data wipe. just update it. I can save my time simply working around with updates not like Sony devices. its not complicated too. I love you sony. i cant leave you sony till now thats why i keep my ZU but i m starting to be disappointed with the services. i dont want to see you with hopeless. i just want you to make Believe. Thank you.

MONEY...

I doubt that sony will work on future releases of the z ultra, they will for sure not doing anything to resolve bugs, uncomplete functionalities, and so on. They will just release their new devices and just say, hey, look, it got the latest android (wich is just purely marketing), and, the older devices, who sells them ? Nobody... It does not bring them gain. 

Seriously, who is unsatisfied with their iPhones ? There's even android users switching on IPhones because android , custom rom bugs and losing some functionalities, stock rom doesn't got the google stock android functions, and the stock rom got adwares from the manufacturer... iOS is... Just beautiful, the device itself is perfect, it's smooth, the menus, sms, etc... Are smooth and animated, and, every customer has the same design, the same interface, and, it's worked, made to be updated, ...

Highlighted
Talent
Message 30 of 42
Message 30 of 42

can you list the bugs you found that made you ditch the z ultra and turn to the 5c?

what apps do you have installed?