account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

proximity sensor issue c6833 4.4.4 HELP!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: proximity sensor issue c6833 4.4.4 HELP!

I have smimilar issues, @samuel and @alexdon , you gus not helping, could help from where we can get to those setting, if we wnat to go to help center, why we would be on fourm searching fix? 

One time poster
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Samuel, PC Companion, I have the latest version, does NOT have the option you say. and on 4.4.4 Calibration has been removed from the service menu.

So Sony has stuffed and I have a very annoying problem on my phone.

I make a call ... the screen turns off after dialling and does not come on until after the call has ended.

I can't end the call myself and I can't use the dialler for business answer systems.

Quite frankly, i have purchased a **bleep** useless phone. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One time poster
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Why reply this kind of stupid words ???? where is the solution. For sony support guys.

One time poster
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Have the same problem and waiting for some solution!!!
Hope that 5.0 Lollipop will fix this proximity issue and display water sensitivity too.
One time poster
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Hello,

I tried with PC companion with repair my Xperia Ultra Z C6802 but still same problem. I did 2 times but not repaired.

Please help

One time poster
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Re: proximity sensor issue c6833 4.4.4 HELP! SOLVED

To those who have problem with Sony Xperia Z Ultra kit kat 4.4.4 black out during call or skype or any other apps call, please refer to this thread as suggested by user jericho.. it works...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/xperia-Z-screen-wont-light-up-after-calls-can-t-end-ca...

Clever guy!

Good try!

Visitor
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

I have the same problem. During a phone call the screen goes black. I can't use the call options or use the dial numbers to select options.
One time poster
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

This issue started once I upgraded my phone to 4.4.4 not only is the proximity stopped working but all sensors like phone tilt and everything stops.
U can check this with cpuz utilty once the problem starts under sensors tab it will display nothing.
One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

It is June 2016 and there still isn't a solution Crying Face

Please help us Sony!!