account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

how to disable preview of sms

SOLVED
Highlighted
pau
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

how to disable preview of sms

Ok, Im a newbie here so please bear with my following question. Slightly smiling Face

1. How to disable preview of sms & fb chats?

2. Is there any possible way to open the phone from sleeping aside from power button?

Thank you Slightly smiling Face
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: how to disable preview of sms

That's because I made a mistake above, you shouldn't have Bravia Engine or Bravia Engine 2, you should have X-Reality which its far better than BE and BE2

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Messaging app > menu > settings > Notifications 

keep in mind if you uncheck that, the LED notification wont flash, and the only way to know that you have a message is by checking the messaing app icon. 

OR

you can download a different messaging app 

2. there are apps on the market that will turn on your phone if you shake it, other than that there isn't unless you connect the phone to the charger 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

pau
Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Under notifications i just found:

Notification tone

Notifications (Notify in status bar for new messages) which i checked and still it has sms preview Slightly frowning Face

Notification vibration

Notification light

Delivery report

What app is that? Thanks!

3. And one more thing is bravia engine a preinstalled thing? If yes where can i find it if not where can i have it?

4. Is the rear camera really that bad? Slightly frowning Face its pixilize or just the settings?

Thanks for your promt reply really appreciated.

pau
Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

What sms app would you recommend?
Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

1. Notifications (the first option), you will have to look for apps on the play store, perhaps handcent or GO sms

3. Settings > display > bravia Engine 2

4. you have to try different camera settings to get the best out of it. 

Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Capture-better-photos-in-low-light-conditions/m-p/395397#U395397

pau
Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Thanks!! Slightly smiling Face

But i cant find bravia engine 2 on my xperia z ultra.. Slightly frowning Face Only xreality..
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

That's because I made a mistake above, you shouldn't have Bravia Engine or Bravia Engine 2, you should have X-Reality which its far better than BE and BE2

pau
Rookie
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Ohh i see... Thanks Slightly smiling Face
Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Anytime