account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Z Ultra accidentally pressing dot button instead of space.

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Z Ultra accidentally pressing dot button instead of space.

I would like sony to give an update for this phone. I dont have other complaints. This is the best phone ever! But I always accidentally press dot instead of space. Since this is a big phone can you consider making the space a lot wider and shorten a little the backspace?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: Z Ultra accidentally pressing dot button instead of space.

Thank your for your feedback regarding the keyboard. I will pass this on internally. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

8 REPLIES 8
MG
Adept
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Try the different keyboard layouts. One of them gives ample space between the space and the dot. to change the keyboard layout go to Settings > Language & Input > Xperia keyboard > Personalisation guide

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion. I still prefer the qwerty keyboard. Just a suggestion I hope there would be an update to lessen the enter key.. And make the space bar bit bigger for z ultra.. Coz when im pressing the spacebar with the thumb it feels like im really stretching it eventhough I have normal guy fingers. Or if not I'll try to adapt to this keyboard. But still positive though for a change in keyboard settings.
Master
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Thank your for your feedback regarding the keyboard. I will pass this on internally. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I can see in the settings the option to disable the comma and full stop keys are there, when you disable and goto change the keyboard skin they are removed from the example but not from the actual keyboard. 

Very annoying please assist

Master
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Build number:

sony_logo126x24.gif

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I am also having this problem with the Z3 I've looked up online if it was possable to remove the dot and extend the space bar but so far i have found nothing, if someone knows about one please tell me.

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Same thing with z3c. Biggest complaint about this phone is too short space bar. I'm too often hitting dot.

Enter button does not need to be so long.

I'm using Scandinavian keyboard so there is not so many keyboards where to choose..
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I have same problem on xz premium. Best phone i have had except the sony keybord is the most annannoy issue i have ever had.