account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

my xperia z ultra not charging nor switch on.please solve my problem as soon as possible

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

Connect your phone to the wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 5 seconds > let it charge for about 30min > after 30min try to turn it on. Make sure to use the wall charger not the dock or a computer.

Don't forget to give Kudos

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Hi uliwooly, I've got the same problem. My Xperia Ultra won't charge with all my Sony chargers and any charger. When I connect to a charger the phone said its charging but the percentage won't go up. What exactly happen when we press and hold power & volume up for 5 seconds ? Thanks for the answer Winking Face
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Connect your phone to PC  hile holding vol up button this will make your notification LED GO BLUE 

if this happens your phone is alive just remove your phone and leave it to charge someimes empty battery may cause this leave it for an hour and try again

Please hit KUDOS if Reply helped to solve your problem

And please Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@mymealbox - Have you tried charging through more than one wall socket?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

My xperia z ultra is off and not turning on. The battery died 1 day before I put on charging today but after waiting 6 hours I noticed it's not turning on. I tried hard reset , power + volume up.
Please help
One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

@uliwooly wrote:

Connect your phone to the wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 5 seconds > let it charge for about 30min > after 30min try to turn it on. Make sure to use the wall charger not the dock or a computer.

Don't forget to give Kudos

Many thanks for the simple but VERY  effective information!! My xperia had just rn out of battery charge and not responding when I plugged in the charger. I did as you suggested and it switched on to start charging function... 

SO I AM VERY RELIEVED.

KUDOS!

[THANK YOU]

Commissioner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

try to repair it with sus the link is HERE download and install it.

After go and select ur phone model and connect ur phone to ur pc.and u can repair ur 4n and i think u can use ur 4n 

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

XPERIA T2ULTRA NOT CHARGING EVEN TRIED PRESSING  POWER ON +VOLUME UP KEY BUT IT ALSO DIDNT WORKED

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY SONY XPERIA ULTRA Z PHONE STOPPED WORKING 2 WEEKS AGO SO TONIGHT I FOLLOWED THIS AND IT FINALLY CAME BACK ON HOPE THIS WORKS FOR SOMEONE If the battery is completely discharged, the device needs to charge for a while before the battery status light is lit. Charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then turn on the device.MoreTo turn on the deviceNote: Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.Wait a while for the device to start.If your device stops responding or won’t shut down normally, you can force your device to shut down, and then turn it on again. ... To turn on the deviceNote: Make sure that the battery is charged for at least 30 minutes before you turn on the device for the first time.Press and hold down the power key until the device vibrates.Wait a while for the device to start.Reinstall your device software using a computer.