account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z ultra reboots continously

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia Z ultra reboots continously

ok i will try  not to confuse  you guys  Face with stuck-out Tongue  so hear  goes 

i bought  my xpera z  ultra  about 20 mins ago i just updated the  andriod software  and  the update was very quick  but as it  finished  the phone started up  normaly 

now  the phone  reboots after  10 secs  and nevr stops doing it 

the wifi is not turning on now ...

now  i am questioning my self   why  i even bought it  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Re: Xperia Z ultra reboots continously

yeaa   it was  still   doing it and  i reclaimd the cell phone they tried  every thing  like  os reinstall and every thing  ....

so     when i  got the other xperia z ultra form the shop   i   used pc companion and upgraded it from thr  .....

dont  use the option in the mobile to update   cox it is not  showing the latest  updates  you need to  plug it in  with  ur pc and  use pc companion to upgade it  will show   you   the most recent update 

THE Problem   =   the mobile update  option lets  you update     to a faulty file or some thing 

The Solution      =   upgrade using the pc companion it will upgrade ur cell to the latest  software Slightly smiling Face

11 REPLIES 11
Adviser
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Your phone is doing a bootloop. Maybe u need to reinstall its os. Use the pc companion. Some files for upgrading the phone's os didn't downloaded.
Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Does it still do it with mobile data disabled?  Mine did this when I had mobile data enabled.  I tried a few different SIMs, apparently this can fix it, especially if you are using a cut-down SIM.

One time poster
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I have the same issue as well... it keep on booting everti fukin 10s....  and I just bought zu less than 1 week.

pc companion doesnt recognize the usb as well, so... what should I do? 

Visitor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

yeaa   it was  still   doing it and  i reclaimd the cell phone they tried  every thing  like  os reinstall and every thing  ....

so     when i  got the other xperia z ultra form the shop   i   used pc companion and upgraded it from thr  .....

dont  use the option in the mobile to update   cox it is not  showing the latest  updates  you need to  plug it in  with  ur pc and  use pc companion to upgade it  will show   you   the most recent update 

THE Problem   =   the mobile update  option lets  you update     to a faulty file or some thing 

The Solution      =   upgrade using the pc companion it will upgrade ur cell to the latest  software Slightly smiling Face

akm
One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

how should i connect my phone to my pc if it continue rebooting??

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Same here. Went a bid mad on the Google Play Store on Friday and, since then, I've had the same issue with the phone restarting. Evidently, there is a cartload of cr4pware on the Android store. Going to have to be more choosy, I think.

Repaired my phone using the Sony Bridge for Mac software and, so far, no restarts. It's a jungle out there folks, be careful what you download.

Visitor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

MAJOR UPDATE on the situation ( SOLUTION FOUND for Experia reboot)

MAJOR UPDATE on the situation ( SOLUTION FOUND for Experia reboot) 

I had the same problem for couple of days now. My phone (Xperia ZL) was constantly rebooting ans showing red light as it was discharged + 'SONY' logo.

After hopelessly searching for a solution here and elsewhere, I found it on my own (thx God).

Ok, so first of all, it seems to be a soft problem, you're internal memory is not damaged I assure you!

What you should do, let the phone reboot itself until exhaustion. Depending on the battery charge left, It'll go endessly though the same cycle (showing red light & black screen) as it was discharged + 'SONY' logo. The phone will b IIt'll go endessly until 3-5% percent will be left (you won't see it), but you'll see that eventually the phone stop rebooting. Try pressing the power button, if the phone responds by three (3) red light flashes, we<re good, if not plug it into power again and unplug immediately as it does cycles again. Let it consume itself and try power button again.

So if the phone responds by three (3) red light flashes, plug it in power outlet and press the power button, it should load normally. Don’t unplug the phone now, if you do it’ll go through cycles again.

Send all you precious stuff by email or else (ex. Dropbox). House is burning, save your belongings.

One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

help me out of theseeeeeee i love my phoneeeeee hopelesss :'( usb won't dtect wht should i do?? any solution??

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

My parent's Z ultra accidently hit update to 5.0.2, and it start boot loop forever.  Then the battery drained and the phone is rander ueseless.  When I get back, I tried sony companion to fix it, but no chance of success... (later I found out it need to be charged to at least 3% to be able to update)  Yet, the sony companion just said the phone is up-to-date with the current version. 

Anyway, the best thing to do is hold power+up-volume for 5 sec, and you'll notice 3 vibes.  This should shut down the phone, wait 5 seconds to make sure it is shut down.  Then press power to boot it and it will break the boot-loop.  If you want to try repair, you will need to charge.  (I tried by leaving it connected to my computer, so when the power is drained, it will start charging instead of reboot-loop, but this process takes time)

And fellow the steps in the sony companion to repair it.

However, I end up deleting everything on the phone via re-set in the setting, becasue the new update is causing extreme power drain that the battery-level would keep falling even if it is plugged in.  After all the apps are removed with only stock apps left, the power drain is much less and the battery level starts to increase.  Therefore, there must be some confict with the apps and the new update.

I tried to flash it back to earlier version of andorid os, but even the process seemed successful, the phone is not being reflashed. ( I wonder why)