account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z Ultra touch screen problems.

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Re: please help my screen is super sensitive, i cant scrool or put my lockscreen pattern in

Lol. It is a phone, however. Touch input on a phone devoid of hardware keys is critical, and not being able to access the phone when using the only security method my company allows is critical. Its only phone until its the only tool you have available to assist you with your job, and then it becomes something more
Emperor
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Re: please help my screen is super sensitive, i cant scrool or put my lockscreen pattern in

Indeed 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

Re: Xperia Z Ultra touch screen problems.

I face the same issue...please suggest should I use a screen protector too
Visitor
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

Screen Too Sensitive

Hi Xperia Support,

I have a strange problem. The screen is too sensitive on my Z Ultra. The buttons automatically get pressed even if I hover the finger above the screen few mm away. Not even touching the screen.

I am from SG and on latest update. I do have a screen protector attached to the screen.

Please advise as this gets very irritating at times :-(

Thanks,
Faisal.
Rookie
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

XZU in bad shape...

Hi Guys,

Had my Xperia Z Ultra for about 3 months with no issues so far (actually, the screen was a little oversensitive to my sweaty hands, but an aftermarket screen protector solved the issue), until today which was an unusually hot day here in Brisbane.

In the afternoon, the phone shut itself down with about 30% battery, and would not switch back on. After hearing about the solutions, the little red button next to the sim restarted the phone. The problems began after that restart. Firstly, I noticed that it was taking an usually long time to boot up - the SONY logo kept cycling and would only eventually progress to the XPERIA logo and finally the boot animation. After the phone finally booted, I would be able to use it for about 20 seconds before a warning about the temperature showed up and automatically shut down the phone.  I noticed that the phone will only charge intermittently (I assume the phone disables charge if it registers the device getting too hot), however despite the insane 40 degree heat of today, the phone should be able to handle much more than that. It feels to me like the temperature sensor has been damaged somehow and the calibration is off. I noticed some CPU throttling as well (more than likely the sensor telling the CPU that it's running hotter than it actually is).

As a last resort, I decided to completely restore the phone and reinstall .290 - boot seems to be more consistant, however the phone still shuts down with the temperature error after about 10-30 seconds after startup...

Any advice? Anyone else with this issue?

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

Re: XZU in bad shape...

I also have the same problem. It was a common issue with XZ and Sony admitted the same but it seems after 4.3 update, It has come to XZU also Slightly frowning Face. I gave my phone to service center they told me they will replace the unit in 5 days. Waiting for the replacement to come.

Rookie
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

XZU in bad shape...

Hi Guys,

Had my Xperia Z Ultra for about 3 months with no issues so far (actually, the screen was a little oversensitive to my sweaty hands, but an aftermarket screen protector solved the issue), until today which was an unusually hot day here in Brisbane.

In the afternoon, the phone shut itself down with about 30% battery, and would not switch back on. After hearing about the solutions, the little red button next to the sim restarted the phone. The problems began after that restart. Firstly, I noticed that it was taking an usually long time to boot up - the SONY logo kept cycling and would only eventually progress to the XPERIA logo and finally the boot animation. After the phone finally booted, I would be able to use it for about 20 seconds before a warning about the temperature showed up and automatically shut down the phone.  I noticed that the phone will only charge intermittently (I assume the phone disables charge if it registers the device getting too hot), however despite the insane 40 degree heat of today, the phone should be able to handle much more than that. It feels to me like the temperature sensor has been damaged somehow and the calibration is off. I noticed some CPU throttling as well (more than likely the sensor telling the CPU that it's running hotter than it actually is).

As a last resort, I decided to completely restore the phone and reinstall .290 - boot seems to be more consistant, however the phone still shuts down with the temperature error after about 10-30 seconds after startup...

Any advice? Anyone else with this issue?

UPDATE: Phone won't even progress past the wave animation now. Just sits there for about 10 seconds and then shuts off... Won't charge at all... i'll have to give the service centre a call tomorrow to sort out a replacement. Such a shame cause I love this phone to pieces.

Rookie
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Re: XZU in bad shape...

OK, after leaving it on charge for about 8 hours, i noticed that the LED finally came on and went from red, to orange and finally green as it charged. After that all was well... I reflashed the .290 firmware through PC companion just to be safe and so far so good... Last time i reflashed, i restored some items from Helium, but this time i'm starting straight from square one.

Visitor
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

Carry a metal with u. I always enjoy that feature. Best huge phone ever.
One time poster
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

My Xperia Z Ultra's sensitivity problem persists even after I placed a screen protector. Slightly frowning Face

My screen is going crazy and its as if a phantom is constantly touching it in the lower left side of the screen. However, the problem is an on and off thing so when I went to the service center, they find nothing wrong with it. When it acts up, i can't even enter my password.

Any suggestions to fix this? Anyone else having the same glitch? Thanks!