account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Xperia Z Ultra cannot detect SD card

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z Ultra cannot detect SD card

My phone cannot detect the SD card after I upgraded the software from Kitkat to Lollipop. It cannot detect any SD card inserted in it. How to fix this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z Ultra cannot detect SD card

@Carrie_13

That might not be a software issue, rather a hardware issue. Reinstall lollipop with PCC and report back. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@Carrie_13

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I bought a used z ultra and when I put in my 128 gb San card it didn't do anything like beep or show it under storage.  I also tried another 128 as well as a 64 gb card.  When I put them in my tablet they worked.  The 64 needed to be reformatted when in my Motorola but in the Samsung tablet I was able to transfer all the data on it and then I formated it and transfered the data back onto it.  I read a few things on here and wondered if it was Sony software blocking it or using some kind of special formating.  I force stopped and disabled album, music, and file companion apps on the xperia.  I installed es file Explorer app and an Asus music app I was used to on an older phone.  I restarted the phone and it recognized both my 2 x 128gb and 64 gb cards.  Impotence sure if this is a fluke but I have been using it for 2 days without issues.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I forgot to.say it already had lollipop on it and I also disabled and force stopped tracking Id app as well as the others.  Please post if you get the same results as me.  I'm wondering if Sony has put in software to try to stop pirating of music and movies that has created issues with accessing SD cards.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Thinking about purchasing the Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833 Factory Unlocked International Version,

can this device accept or handle a Samsung 256gb SD card?