account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XPERIA Z Ultra - Restarting and Apps not working especially Facebook (Xperia Home not working)

One time poster
Message 1 of 35
Message 1 of 35

XPERIA Z Ultra - Restarting and Apps not working especially Facebook (Xperia Home not working)

Just this week my Xperia started acting up. Xperia Home is always crashing eventually when you click okay it will restart. I have fully charged it and then same still happened. I've read on a forum to drain the battery on the phone and full charge it while its off. And then factory reset when it's fully charged (which i did) but for the first charge it seemed okay, but now its back to that error again. Apps arent opening or if they do, they keep on freezing up and eventually crash.

Anyone please advise of a remedy to this issue? im guessing im not the only one experiencing this.

34 REPLIES 34
One time poster
Message 2 of 35
Message 2 of 35

Re: XPERIA Z Ultra - Restarting and Apps not working (Xperia Home not working)

I'm having a very similar issue with the Z Ultra. One of my main social media apps crashes on launch every time, and other apps are getting stuck or cashing after a few moments of use. The phone will re-start every once in a while with no prompting or after saying Xperia Home crashed.

Please, any solution would be highly apreciated,

Long standing customer for Sony (and Sony-Ericsson) phones,

Apprentice
Message 3 of 35
Message 3 of 35

It's all because Facebook app, yesterday I have same problem,  phone start freezing and restarting,with com.sony.... has stopped working error. Then I delete Facebook app and now my Z Ultra working good. Hope this method will help you

One time poster
Message 4 of 35
Message 4 of 35

Works!

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 5 of 35
Message 5 of 35

Xperia Z Ultra getting Hanhout anf keeping shutting down

HI Support Team,

I am having Z Ultra. I updated some application last day. It worked fine for sometime. But after sometime it started restart again and again. And before getting restart my mobile hangout. Please provide me any solution.

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 35
Message 6 of 35

Re: Xperia Z Ultra getting Hanhout anf keeping shutting down

try to perform software repair using Xperia Companion

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Adviser
Message 7 of 35
Message 7 of 35

Telephone s'eteint automatiquement

Screenshot_2017-06-25-19-41-08.png

I can not use my phone this message appears and a few minutes after the phone turns off no application opens

Visitor
Message 8 of 35
Message 8 of 35

Crashing after update

I have two, yes 2 Z Ultra's in use and they both have all kind of problems after I did the last update.

Everything keeps on crashing, the phone restarts itself at random moments, even when not in use. I have tried to reinstall everything but this didn't work for me.

I hope Sony can test theire updates beter the next time.

Visitor
Message 9 of 35
Message 9 of 35

Re: Crashing after update

Even after a full software repair. It keeps on crashing.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 35
Message 10 of 35

Re: Crashing after update

just delete facebook app and all going to works good after deletingSlightly smiling Face