account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

What is optimized backlight

SOLVED
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: What is optimized backlight

As I said, after updating to 14.2.a.0.290 the selector of the auto brightness will be shown.
Apprentice
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

ok john but this function (witch seems enabled by default after 4.3 update) cause to reduce the contrast between light and dark objects in display specially in dark backgrounds and also icons going to fade. (display had punchy colors and perfect contrast when optimized backlight swiching OFF) and also some color banding again in dark pictures with this function i can see. i hope u got what am i saying. please reappear this function and let us to choose more battery saving or better display with perfect contrast and punchy colors. TNX

sorry for my bad english

Adviser
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

milad8665 

Just bought this phone a week ago and was very dissapointed with same problem! I don't need this f** function as default and unable to turn that off. Hope sony will not go insane with powersaving

Talent
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

ah so this is why my videos look funny...

let the users turn it off. it is distracting.

Talent
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

can we turn it off? it makes watching movies annoying, the brightness changes constantly and it is very annoying.

Talent
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

It's been a goddamn year, can we get closure on this issue?

The mods here think the content adaptive backlight is disabled. I had started a discussion with one of them, but i never got a reply. I am trying to find who was it, but I can't find it.

Talent
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Anyone?!

They sure know how to help users here.

Ah, sorry, i forgot, this isn't a support forum, this is a place where users cry and moan to other users to no end.

All that sony does is explain what CABL is, remove the option to disable it and that's it.

Great job!

Emperor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

@toothpaste

This is a users based forum

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

That's what I am saying!