account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Touchscreen random clicks

Rookie
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Touchscreen random clicks

Hello i've got the c6833 une week ago, i am experiencing a weird issue.

It happens very randomly, when i just use the device, often when i am typing, suddednly get crazy and start to click itself on several letters. Just when i keep the hands away the device, it stops and everything could back to normality, except one time, where it just kept touching icons everywhere by itself, so i had to turn off and then on again the device.

I do not use the device while keeping it plugged to charger, as long as i read around that is an issue sometimes caused by this.

Also i use the device as a tablet without any sim card inside, and i am on firmware 14.1.B.1.532

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Ad

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Touchscreen random clicks

There are other threads on the same topic, please use the search bar, you will find them. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

yes..i've read around, several users facing the problem.

There is way to going back to firmware .510 ?

I think i started to have this after updating to .532, but i am not sure.. i would like to get back to old firmware, before sending the phone for service..

Emperor
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

You will have to use a thirdparty program to do so, flashtool, or you can just take it to a Sony repair center 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

How to manually update, downgrade, root 2013 Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/124152

One time poster
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Me too. Maybe mine is worse than yours. Not only when typing something, it also randomly click even though i did not touch the display and it happened very often. It made the homescreen moved and sometimes executed many unwanted task by it self. Can anyone help me?
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

hii!

m also facing the same problem... my Z's screen seems to b over-responsive! i touch somewhere and the screen registers the touch somewhere else!!! also it registers several touches on its own.. dis is very veryy annoying! evrything else is intact and working fine.. i hv also removed my screen guard and have also updated to the newest firmware... however the problem still persists...

kindly plz help!

One time poster
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

How has Sony not responded to this yet? I'm fighting the phantom screen touches on my Xperia Z Ultra, this is a joke Sony.
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Resolution #

Clear screen guard attracts screen prints from the flip cover (default leather cover) and if not cleaned regularly (wiping off) it'll result in this random clicks issue. Try using a Matte screen guard instead and this problem would resolve to a gr8 extent. I've tried it and am quite satisfied.

Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Same here. Get a matte screen guard or get used to wipe your screen clean before you use ur marvelous device. It's tempered glass, why put a protector on it? Slightly smiling Face)