account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z Ultra won't turn on

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z Ultra won't turn on

My phone died five nights ago whilst I was on the phone (it didn't randomly shut off, I ran out of battery) and I put it on charge before I slept. The red light for charging was on and was still on when I woke up but the phone won't turn on.

The phone doesn't respond. When I press the power button it doesn't even flash red, it does nothing. I've plugged it in a few times with different cables (for abt 30 mins each) and it still wouldn't turn on. I've tried the vol + power thingy but my phone doesn't vibrate. I've also tried the red button thing in the sim card area

I've tried connecting it to my PC but my PC doesn't recognise the device.

And I don't know what to do because I was borrowing this phone and it's not working without a reason.

It hasn't been in water and I don't see why it would stop working out of the blue. It used to do this were I'd think it wouldn't turn on anymore but it would but this time it isn't actually turning on!!

HELPPP??

3 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z Ultra won't turn on

Incase I wasn't clear enough, 

The red light that indicates the device is charging is always on but sometimes after a while it turns completely off (depending on the charger I guess)

I also haven't attempted to charge it overnight again.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z Ultra won't turn on

UPDATE:

The red LED stopped working and won't even turn on now

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Xperia Z ultra won't turn on but indicates it's charging

My phone ran out of battery and hasn't been able to turn on since. I put my phone on charge and it indicates its charging with the red light but it won't turn on or power on. I've left it on charge over night twice. I've tried the vol up + power button trick and the vol down + power trick. I've tried removing the sim. I've also tried pressing the small red reset button. I've tried to connect it to my computer and my computer doesn't recognise the phone. Please help