account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony PC Companion Update Slower than slow

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Sony PC Companion Update Slower than slow

I have 30mb/s fibre internet, i7 3.4GHz PC and a USB connected Z Ultra. This is the third time I have tried to update the OS because it has taken in excess of two hours.

More corporate rubbish.

And don't even think of replying with a message starting with sorry, I'm sorry I bought the thing

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sony PC Companion Update Slower than slow

Well, try to use SUS for your next software update process.

Update/Repair your phone via SUS

SUS ( Sony Update Service) ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Nabeel,

It doesn't seem to make a difference.  It is probably an issue in the download scheme used by the sony update service.  I have a 100 Mb/s line and often hit 4~5 MB/s for downloads, but SUS trickles by at ~.1 MB/s (even though when I downloaded SUS I topped out at 2).

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

That is certainly not normal and I normally only see this when there is something causing an issue with either the connection or the application itself. Make sure that PC Companion is set as an exception to any firewall /anti virus software and also update the version of Java you are running on your PC.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

No Mr. Sony Xperia Expert, you are wrong. The PC companion is the slowest and this is normal. You must have checked in some abnormal conditions. 

I am trying to update my Xperia phone since 2 days and it's still downloading...God knows what...Also the battery also ran out twice...lol...

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi lalit7 and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I assure you that most updates can be completed in 10-15 minutes dependant on the internet speed. if you are downloading over two days then there is something quite wrong happening. Please do follow my advice above.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Sony PC companion is the slowest update software on earth. It took 3 hours till now and 1 more hour to go!

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Xperia update is so slow, what's wrong Sony?it needs fixing, been updating for 2 hours, xa ultra,,
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Untitled.png

already 4 hours worth so