account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Software update failed

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Software update failed

First force a shutdown by holding on/off and vol+ at the same time for 10 seconds and then try charging the phone for a few hours (but don't try starting the phone). Then try performing the software repair.
If that doesn't help, also try another computer/cable.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Problem while updating my z ultra... update shown in notification ...while installing update fone restarts and massage appears ssorry cant update ...please try again latter..

I hv tried 4 Times bt same... what to do..
Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Sorry to hear that you have issues updating your phone.

First try clearing data for the app called Update Centre under Settings -> Apps -> All and then restart the phone. If this doesn't help, have you tried downloading the update using WiFi?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

am yet to try this solution... my fon has been giving this " software update failed " message for about a week now... I Cnt even do anything with it....
One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

The same thing happened to my phone, except that I did not connect it to my lapto when i updated it. I used wifi on my mobile phone.

I followed the instructions, and stopped until the fact that if I do it, all the files in the internal memory will be gone. I had not removed my memories and all are placed in the internal memory, it will be a shame to lose every data. Is there any other way to do this?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Thank you very muth sonySmiling Face with Heart-eyes

One time poster
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

i have the same problem but repair is not possible due to unlocked bootloader. please help me fix my phone

One time poster
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Please help me.. I have Sony Z1 Compact has been Software Update Failed.. Please help me.