account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Shattered Xperia Z Ultra back-glass

Visitor
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Shattered Xperia Z Ultra back-glass

Dear Sony Support Team,

It is of extreme discomfort that I write to you regarding the first ever serious complaint I have faced in the last 12 years of my connection with the Brand. I recently bought Sony Xperia Z Ultra with the IMEI number 357656050195500. It has hardly been a month since I procured it, and was enjoying the unmatched features and functions it offers. Until yesterday. I took the phone out of my pocket as it rang yesterday, the back of the phone hit my steel-strapped watch and shattered / cracked. That is not the end of it. Exactly where it hit the watch, I have also got a tiny spot on the beautiful display. Trust me, there was NO Fall whatsoever, no other hit whatsoever either. It just hit the corner of the watch, conservatively. I have been upset ever since, and I can tell you it is extremely disappointing, especially as Sony would not stop raving over how the glass is unbreakable / shatter-proof. I take the blame for the cell phone hitting the watch (the back of the phone), but such a mild hit would do this to the phone? I have 17 Sony phones today with my office staff, and am extremely happy till now. How can you help me with solving this issue, as well as retaining me as a customer, especially when I have bought the phone for 46,000/-, which isn't cheap by any means of imagination. I am not saying that just because it is expensive, you should help me. I am trying to present my case in the most truthful manner possible. In me, you have a Sony Mobile loyalist, and I hope you help me out with replacement of the back glass (and the display spot issue please). Looking forward to your reply.20130918_150952.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Shattered Xperia Z Ultra back-glass

I'm sorry to hear and to see that your Xperia Z Ultra back panel has cracked. I can't make any comments about how and/or why this happened because the phone always needs to be examined by authorized repair staff to know for sure. I suggest that you contact your local support team to have your phone exmained at a repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

Unfortunately there's not much I can do over our Support Forum, this needs to be handled at a local level.

Regular
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Same is the case with me I have through this forum this complaint is very common my phone screen also got cracked by it self but our complaints are being treated as deaf ears this is so shame less of sony that they are not ready to help their customers

Regular
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Dude  8506823193 call me uo even im in a state of shock 

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

mathranik, how is your Ultra? Did you get your phone replaced?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Dear Sony Support team,

Despite approaching all the local Sony repair centres, I have recieved no positive / firm response from any of them, and calling the 1-800 number falls to deaf ears. 

I have noticed the Sony 6-month accidental damage cover (PROTECT SECURE) that also covers any accidental breakage for Xperia Z Ultra for 6 months from the date of purchase. The only strange disclaimer that hangs with it is that the purchase should've been made after 15th of September. 

I have bought this phone from the initial lot (15th August 2013). How can you help me with it? Thank you.

http://www.sony.co.in/productcontent/570382/productcategory/mob-phone?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl...

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

I am new to this forum and I am glad it is here, and would like to express my sadness for your situation. I purchased my Ultra in Bkk prior to leaving for a visit to NYC and SF. I stopped off on the way in Hong Kong and Singapore which had the Ultra in stock at the airport. They had no parts I wanted in any of the coutnries including NYC and SF and Narita Japan. These Countries had no knowledge at Sony shops of this product even the few that sold the product as mentioned. In Bkk they recommened a screen saver for front and back from Focus that would protect it and have purchased it. I see in your url that you mentioned the six month warranty for damage after Sept 15 and I too purchased prior to that date by a week or so and that worries me why they would set that date and not the six month from date of purchase? I don't get that? Also it mentions from Sony India and not any other country? So I am sad that Sony does not seem to back their products in the way I would like to see and Customer support at least in Thailand where I live is very reluctant to help me an English speaking person. In NYC they seemed to have no knowledge in their main store of this product and one salesman even wanted to hold it and play with it and offered to trade me his phone for this Ultra. Again I apologize for your problem and hope that Sony does the right thing.

HW
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

WP_20131228_003.jpgguys even i'm facing the same problem. but in my case the display has devloped cracks.

i had bought the z ultra on the 22nd of august 2013, i was loving its experience but suddenly its screen has developed two hairline cracks though the phone never met any sought of an accident. i visited the Sony care center but those people are saying that this would not be done under warranty and would cost me..
and does the display of the phone costs 23000/- ?????
i mean.. like that's more than half the amount of the phone.
and also Sony has launched some kind of accident policy in India for the z series phones for those who buy it after 15th of September 2013.
then y not for us?? please try and find a solution for the same.

Visitor
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Re: Shattered Xperia Z Ultra back-glass and cracked front screen

Guys we seem to all have the same problem,and Sony seems to be ignoring this problem.take it to your Sony repair center they say but F@#&EN **bleep** same response it can't be done under warranty. BS man these handsets are expensive and this is the treatment we get from our favorite brand. We should go viral and post this on every social media site and other sites we can lay our finger tips on.

After the incident happened I purchased a Samsung S4 and you know what policy Samsung has.

If you register you handset with them, and you break the screen through negligence or other they replace the screen FREE OF CHARGE yes FREE OF CHARGE NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. Now you know why the hold the biggest share of the market.

It pains me to think that my favorite brand has let us Sony fans down so badly.

Sony needs to find a solution to this problem or you stand to loose a lot of die hard fans to opposition brand, guys you are slipping.

Show this threads to the CEO of Sony mobile and ask him what he thinks.

One time poster
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Re: Shattered Xperia Z Ultra back-glass and cracked front screen

Tell me about it.

I have an Xperia Z Ultra with a shattered back glass.

I contacted support via chat and they told me my phone had to be sent to their service center which is 500 miles away, it will take 10 business days, and they can give me no idea of the cost -- even though it is the back glass that is shattered and the camera works fine.

This is my 14th Sony phone. 

I think I'm going to put this phone on my shelf, next to my other Sony phones and then go out and by an LG G2.

If I can't even get an price range for the repair before taking the time and effort to get a temporary phone and to package up this one and send it off, screw it.