account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Quick charge 2.0 Xperia z ultra

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Quick charge 2.0 Xperia z ultra

I looked up at qualcomm and checked out the support for quick charge 2 chips.Sony xperia z ultra is compatible but I recently bought quick charge turbo charger and it not charging fast.Do I need to activate the quick charge feature? Please help I have searched the net but  I cannot find definite answer to this issue 

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Quick charge 2.0 Xperia z ultra

Hi @IsI1990, welcome to our forum!

According to the information that I have available, the Xperia Z Ultra does not support Qualcomm Quick charge 2.0 and it is not listed as a supported charging method in the white paper for the Xperia Z Ultra.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

But Sony z ultra is snapdragon 800 which is supported qualcomm quick charge 2.0 so why is it not supported?  I read online that snapdragon is supported on qualcomm website

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

You can see the compatible quick charge device list here.

https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/quick-charge-device-list

As you can see, Qualcomm only started certifying QC2 after the Japanese Z2

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Pioneer
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Jonas wrote:

According to the information that I have available, the Xperia Z Ultra does not support Qualcomm Quick charge 2.0 and it is not listed as a supported charging method in the white paper for the Xperia Z Ultra.

I can confirm this - I have an Xperia Z Ultra and it does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 (which wasn't even around when the Xperia Z Ultra was released, anyway).

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Dear Sony Xperia Z ultra as stated before as well What else can I use to charge z ultra faster other than quick charge 2.0

Pioneer
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@IsI1990 wrote:

Dear Sony Xperia Z ultra as stated before as well What else can I use to charge z ultra faster other than quick charge 2.0

The Xperia Z Ultra doesn't have a quick-charge feature... At least not an "official" one.

You can buy generic, after-market "quick-chargers" from China and places like that, which basically pump more electricity into the smartphone at a higher rate... But I would be careful with such devices, as there's a good reason they're often not approved by a country's respective certification body.

Best-case scenario with such devices, your battery wears-out quicker than it normally would (which in turn will mean shorter usage times); worse-case scenario, your battery explodes.

Personally, I think you should stick with the official charging solutions...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Dear Sony

Please let me know how to fix my Sony xperia z ultra from hanging constantly with many apps closing and hanging.
I have tried to reinstall software with companion and other feature.but it happens after 1 day again to hanging

Pioneer
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Have you tried Safe Mode, @IsI1990?

Try Safe Mode for a few hours, a day or so and see if you still have problems... Let us know how you go.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi again @IsI1990,

What applications are you experiencing this behaviour with? Is it pre-installed applications or applications you have installed on your own? As @gregoryopera suggested, try reboot the phone in safe mode and see if you still experience this behaviour when third party applications aren't loaded.

Keep us posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.