account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Learner
Message 51 of 77
Message 51 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Use kinscreen playstore app
Calibrate
If you want, unistal,l it works because the proximity sensor was calibrated

João Alberto Pita
One time poster
Message 52 of 77
Message 52 of 77

Seriously, "viola"?

A viola is a guitar.

You mean "voilà"... voilà

Tip: stick to your own language.

Rookie
Message 53 of 77
Message 53 of 77

My Xperia z3 compact didn't show calibration option Slightly frowning Face
One time poster
Message 54 of 77
Message 54 of 77

Hi, I have a compact Xperia Z3 , I'm not in that branch menu for calibration , missing, what can I do ? I have a problem with the sensor , meaning that if I turn the screen goes blank and does not rotate until you press the button repeatedly power helps -I please, thank you!
One time poster
Message 55 of 77
Message 55 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue SIMPLEST EVER solution

I also discovered this solution through trial and error before reading your post and can assure everyone that it does work.

My screen appears to be loose in the top right corner and this was causing the issue. 

If you do use black tape to cover the proximity sensor, use a good brand otherwise it will peel off!

@Armini wrote:

Xperia Z Ultra C6833 - Android 5.0.2

Try if this incredibly simple method will work for you:

1) Go into SERVICE TEST - proximity sensor. Your sensor is shown as ON continuously?

2) Get a small piece of black electric isolation tape (10x10mm). Glue it directly on the spot of the proximity sensor.

Your sensor is now shown as "OFF" in the SERVICE menu? Lucky you. Remove the Tape. Sensor ON? Your life is saved.

3) OK, here comes the fine tuning. Get a punch plier. Choose one of the little punches, around 2mm. Perforate a tiny circle of 2mm diameter of the black tape. Positioning it on the left lens of the double-lensed proximity sensors, it will give you the chance to test if the sensor will react if you touch it with your finger.

If the sensor is continuously on, cut the piece of tape some smaller with a cutter knife or a sharp scissor. This all can be done while the sensor test routine is running on your phone, no need to reboot etc.

If you are patient and work meticulously, you will be able to receive full function of the sensor with ear on / ear off to the phone.

4) I placed the tape spot directly into the left side of the cutout for the proximity sensor of my additional screen protector foil.

Works like a charm.

Good luck!

Message 56 of 77
Message 56 of 77

Sony doesn't (want to) hear this issue. They do nothing to fix this issue largely ezperienced by user
Learner
Message 57 of 77
Message 57 of 77

If ur not as technical as some easy solution is going into settings>accessibility>turn on hang up using power button. This will allow you to hang up calls until you can get a more permanent fix. This works but doesn't fix the issue of ur proximity sensor
Regular
Message 58 of 77
Message 58 of 77

@phantomrocks wrote:

Big daddy resolved it Slightly smiling Face

You have to sacrifice resetting the phone using the Sony PC software 1st. Avoid data backup from old accounts.

Then, after the reboot is done and Android is reinstalled with update x.x.x.534 goto the dialer & type *#*#7378423#*#* then press dial

In the menu that will come go to calibration and then choose proximity sensor. (If you run the test it might give error = -1) Then, set settings to default and it may ask to reboot the device.

After reboot type *#*#7378423#*#* then press dial. In the menu that will come go to calibration and then choose proximity sensor do the test and it will show success. VIOLAAAaaaa!!!!

Check the phone...it works Slightly smiling Face

Have tested this and the issue is resolved on my phone finally ....yippieeeeeee!!!

There is much easier way to unblock the proximity switch.

Just log in on "guest account",then return to your normal account and that's it,proximity switch works again.

One time poster
Message 59 of 77
Message 59 of 77

My phone hasn't calibration option.
Now how to reaolve my poximity sensor?
One time poster
Message 60 of 77
Message 60 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue SIMPLEST EVER solution

thanks this work for meIMG_20170409_231919.jpg

i put wiretape between the back cover and the circuit board to give some pressure where the proximity sensor was. I am glad it wasn't a hardware faulty.