account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Genius
Message 41 of 77
Message 41 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Hi @Deejar

Have you check this link ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2458660

What version of Android are you running ?

If my answer was helpful for you, please thank me with Kudos.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 42 of 77
Message 42 of 77

Hey,ive tried that but it doesnt show that.it says proximity sensor off.android 5.1.1
Adviser
Message 43 of 77
Message 43 of 77

So i was curious and ran the test all of them work except the light sensor, when i try the ear Proximity it works and it passed. How can i fixed the light sensor test? when i go to the service setting after dialing that number it works fine. also those this issue have to do withe smart calling handling to fail? i tried it a couple of times and still doens't work.... any solutions???? thanks

One time poster
Message 44 of 77
Message 44 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue not resolved :)

Hello Dear,

I need your help as i updated my 5.1.1 and facing the aproximity sensor unproper working i also dail the *#*#7............. but ther is no colabaration show me there and i am completly unable to resolve the issue.

waiting for your kind support

One time poster
Message 45 of 77
Message 45 of 77

Have the same problem! I did a hard reset but still nothing.
On dialing the code..the calibration option is no longer available. How else can one calibrate the proximity sensor? xperia z running Android lollipop
FU1
One time poster
Message 46 of 77
Message 46 of 77

Hi. My Sony z3 is having a problem with the front sensor. It goes off when I am placing a Call or answering a call. Pllleeeaase Need Help
One time poster
Message 47 of 77
Message 47 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue SIMPLEST EVER solution

Xperia Z Ultra C6833 - Android 5.0.2

Try if this incredibly simple method will work for you:

1) Go into SERVICE TEST - proximity sensor. Your sensor is shown as ON continuously?

2) Get a small piece of black electric isolation tape (10x10mm). Glue it directly on the spot of the proximity sensor.

Your sensor is now shown as "OFF" in the SERVICE menu? Lucky you. Remove the Tape. Sensor ON? Your life is saved.

3) OK, here comes the fine tuning. Get a punch plier. Choose one of the little punches, around 2mm. Perforate a tiny circle of 2mm diameter of the black tape. Positioning it on the left lens of the double-lensed proximity sensors, it will give you the chance to test if the sensor will react if you touch it with your finger.

If the sensor is continuously on, cut the piece of tape some smaller with a cutter knife or a sharp scissor. This all can be done while the sensor test routine is running on your phone, no need to reboot etc.

If you are patient and work meticulously, you will be able to receive full function of the sensor with ear on / ear off to the phone.

4) I placed the tape spot directly into the left side of the cutout for the proximity sensor of my additional screen protector foil.

Works like a charm.

Good luck!

Rookie
Message 48 of 77
Message 48 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue SIMPLEST EVER solution

I changed the screen had a proximity Fault followed this forum to find the problem. and now have permantly fixed using Prroximity sensor reset. Works absolutely fine now. No More black screen when making calls . Thanks All

One time poster
Message 49 of 77
Message 49 of 77

Happened to mine, if you don't want the factory reset, simply lie the phone on its back. Screen up, it lights up, not ideal but functions can be used
One time poster
Message 50 of 77
Message 50 of 77

Hi I,m having issue in my SONY XPERIA Z C6602 , as its updated to 5.0 version .. whenever i dial a number my phone screen goes black and call is on but when i want to close or dial any other number i have to press the power button twice and then it shows lock screen .

can any one confirm how to fix this issue   as some time my proximity sensor work other wise its mostly close.

can any one call me on this and provide the solution or whats app me the steps to resolve the issue . ASAP.Worried Face

PLEASE