account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

One time poster
Message 31 of 74
Message 31 of 74

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

does this trick works on Z3 ?!
Note : Proximity sensor not working

THJ
One time poster
Message 32 of 74
Message 32 of 74

I have just fitted a tempered glass screen protector. I now have this issue with my proximity sensor.

I cannot find where to download the old operating software from (x.x.x.534) to calibrate the sensor with. My software does not have a calibrate facility just a test.

Can anyone suggest where the download is available from please?

Also if I calibrate it to work with my screen cover then download up to date operating software will the phone then revert back to not working using the new software or will the sensor be calibrated and stay as it is?

There will be no point in all the effort if on the next software upgrade it reverts back to not working!

Visitor
Message 33 of 74
Message 33 of 74

Well apparently several things including third party apps or screen cover could cause this issue of ‘having the proximity switch constantly ON’. However in my case (I have Xperia Z Ultra with Lollipop) the issue is hardware related. As many already suggested here, the proximity switch’s chip is located somewhere close to the proximity sensor inside the phone. If you happen to put enough pressure on that area then your proximity switch becomes off and it works fine afterward while you are still applying that pressure. Apparently those who are lucky, by keep having that pressure for few secs the switch’s chip slips back into its position and the problem would be resolved. However for me, unfortunately, as soon as I remove the pressure the switch turns back on! You can check that by dialing *#*#7378423#*#* and then in the Service Menu go to the ‘Service Test’ and hit the ‘Proximity Switch’. If you have the same problem your proximity switch should appear as ‘ON’ there. When you apply that pressure somewhere around the sensor ( mine is on the back close to the NFC logo) you would see on screen that proximity switch is going OFF. Hopefully after you remove the pressure it stays off and you would solve the problem this way, but if you are not lucky like me then you could either do the hardware troubleshooting by literally having access to the proximity chip or try the dummy thing that I do (but works every time) , which is pressing that same area on the back of my phone when I want to hang-up and then bring the phone down from my ear and disconnect the call or have access to screen while I am still on the line!

One time poster
Message 34 of 74
Message 34 of 74

Hy. I haver the Xperia Z C6603 Lollipop. And the proximity switch is not working on the calls. I've done the service test *#*#7378423#*#* and appears "Off". It is a hardware problem?
One time poster
Message 35 of 74
Message 35 of 74

Re: Proximity sensor issue

i m trying the same no. which u have been wrriten..n its also opening the service menu but there is no option for the calibration 

One time poster
Message 36 of 74
Message 36 of 74

When I try to dial *#*#7378423#*#* and cek my proximity on service test they said "not detection". How could it be? sad
Genius
Message 37 of 74
Message 37 of 74

Hi @Dwiyacita

You can check this link for more information: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2458660

I hope can be useful.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 38 of 74
Message 38 of 74

Hi
I have some problem in my sony z ultra when i call its screen got off but call is continue maybe its sensor no working
Genius
Message 39 of 74
Message 39 of 74

Hi @bilalraju

I suggest boot the device in safe mode an check what happens:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If my answer was helpful for you, please thank me with Kudos.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 40 of 74
Message 40 of 74

But even this has been done over severall times..yes it works for a few hours then back to usual..why?and how?