account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Message 1 of 74
Message 1 of 74

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Big daddy resolved it smile happy

You have to sacrifice resetting the phone using the Sony PC software 1st. Avoid data backup from old accounts.

Then, after the reboot is done and Android is reinstalled with update x.x.x.534 goto the dialer & type *#*#7378423#*#* then press dial

In the menu that will come go to calibration and then choose proximity sensor. (If you run the test it might give error = -1) Then, set settings to default and it may ask to reboot the device.

After reboot type *#*#7378423#*#* then press dial. In the menu that will come go to calibration and then choose proximity sensor do the test and it will show success. VIOLAAAaaaa!!!!

Check the phone...it works smile happy

Have tested this and the issue is resolved on my phone finally ....yippieeeeeee!!!

73 REPLIES
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 74
Message 2 of 74

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Clever!! Although I don't have this problem, but thanks for sharing!!

Message 3 of 74
Message 3 of 74

just for those who are too scared to try typing *#*#7378423#*#* on their dialer it actually takes you to the service menu meant for developers/service center agents. It's safe to use for this option and can be searched upon on net before use to be satisfied completely smile happy
Visitor
Message 4 of 74
Message 4 of 74

Thank you so much!!!! It worked!!!!! <3 i was so depressed  , thanks a lot dude <3

Message 5 of 74
Message 5 of 74

Thank you so much, it actually worked........phantomrocks
One time poster
Message 6 of 74
Message 6 of 74

Thanks a lot for this fix ....it really helped me a lot....
I owe you a beer.....smile cool

One time poster
Message 7 of 74
Message 7 of 74

finally my problem is solved 

many thanks

cheers yahoo

Learner
Message 8 of 74
Message 8 of 74

anybody please confirm this is hardware or software problem

Message 9 of 74
Message 9 of 74

looks more like a software glitch to me. gets resolved after these steps as confirmed. Plz dnt 4gt to give kudos smile happy

Learner
Message 10 of 74
Message 10 of 74

Hi can I restore using phone settings and complete the remaining steps please tell me.

phantomrocks wrote:

looks more like a software glitch to me. gets resolved after these steps as confirmed. Plz dnt 4gt to give kudos smile happy

This is not a hardware problem right??:seismology's: