account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

Learner
Message 11 of 77
Message 11 of 77

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

I am tried in Sony xperia c but I didn't get. Calibration option in service menu please help me

One time poster
Message 12 of 77
Message 12 of 77

Hi, I also don't have the option to calibrate proximity sensor, only gyroscope and accelerometer, any tips?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 13 of 77
Message 13 of 77

I am getting an error code-98 pls help

One time poster
Message 14 of 77
Message 14 of 77

Awesome! I could have long dead and gone and still not figure this problem. Kudos to you. I have replaced this phone with a new iPhone 5s principally because of sound / voice issues. Went to trade it in for next ipad mini retina 16gb and was told the dealer will not buy the phone since the proximity sensor is bust. Can now do the trade. Thanks a ton!
Learner
Message 15 of 77
Message 15 of 77

Hi,

i also had the issue. I was using screen guard. i think that caused the issue. after calibration the problem was solved.

Rookie
Message 16 of 77
Message 16 of 77

Mine is NOT resolve. I get the following error message when calibrating my Xperia Z:

Failed(timeout) Please retry. Or your phone may not support this function Error Code m= -98

I have already reset it to factory default and done it many times, always with the same error.

I HATE THIS PHONE.

One time poster
Message 17 of 77
Message 17 of 77

i also have error code -98 and i have a screen protector on. Can the protector film be the reason? and do you have any solutions ?

One time poster
Message 18 of 77
Message 18 of 77

HI im having the smae problem on my xperia z ultra and its auto rotation sensor but every time i calibrate it gives me error code=-5

Message 19 of 77
Message 19 of 77

I am having this issue as well. My screen will not reactivate until the caller disconnects. TOtally aggravating!! Has anyone had any luck with the ProximitySensor Calibration app? I installed it but it errors out when I try to run it.

One time poster
Message 20 of 77
Message 20 of 77

Its showing error -98