account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

One time poster
Message 71 of 76
Message 71 of 76

Re: Proximity sensor issue resolved :)

My phone shuts off the proximity sensor when I pinch the top left corner, it sounds like the fix on this thread (which is hardware not software related) sounds plausible:

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/133160/screen-turns-off-during-call-due-to-problem-with-...

One time poster
Message 72 of 76
Message 72 of 76

Thank you. You Rock Phantomrocks

One time poster
Message 73 of 76
Message 73 of 76

HI,

my phone sony c3 sensor not working.and check this method but my proximity sensor is off.

how to proximity sensor on.????/

One time poster
Message 74 of 76
Message 74 of 76

Proximity sensor on my xperia z5 shows always "On" and turns off only when I press upper right corner of the phone. When I type *#*#7378423#*#* I don't have calibration option, what can I do. Any suggestions?

One time poster
Message 75 of 76
Message 75 of 76

Re: Proximity sensor issue SIMPLEST EVER solution

Brilliant! Thanks!

Positioning the tape is touchy, but I was able to restore normal operation on my Z5 Compact.

This method (or a spot of nail polish) could also be used to simply disable the proximity sensor without any other hardware or software hacks.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 76 of 76
Message 76 of 76

My solution

On my Xperia Z3, proximity sensor was always on (after fixing SIM reader issue). Removed rear cover. Loosened screw at the WLAN antena (it's the one above the USB port looking from the back of the phone) and applied and relesed pressure on the WLAN antenna by hand while checking the sensor in service mode until it worked properly. In the same time, also played with the screw by loosening and tightening it.