account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No sound from phone after removing earphones

SOLVED
Adept
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: No sound from phone after removing earphones

Just performed SUS again, same thing happens.

Maybe SONY released the wrong firmware for our ZU?

Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

You should contact xperia care:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

Just e-mailed them. Had a bad experience though. E-mailed them 2 months ago and they have not replied me up till now.

Wonder what Sony's Xperia Care team is doing?

Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Really do not know,they support users.I am not working for sony,so I do not know.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Yeah I know, It's just a remark. Face with stuck-out Tongue

Please close this thread as issue is unresolved. Thank you.

Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

No,here we do not use to close threads so users can come and post if they have the same issues.

Adept
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Jesus, I just updated my Xperia Z1 to the same firmware and its sound bug got fixed. Furthermore, the update didn't fail. I'm skeptical about Sony's dedication towards XZU T_T

Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Good,did it also fix the earphones issue?

Adept
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Yeah, did a little research and apparently, the earphone issue is what caused the sound bug.

Basically, after you unplug the phone from the device, the phone still thinks the earphone is still plugged in. Hence, it tries to project sound through a ''earphone'' instead of the speakers.

I downloaded the app SoundAbout on my ZU and temporarily fixed the bug. Basically, it forces the phone to use the speakers instead of the earphones.

Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Ok,lets see how it goes.