account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Network or SIM card error

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Network or SIM card error

So... Am I understand right? The case is tat I should send back my phone (where I bought it of course) to repair it because there is "broken" (malfunctioning) element inside.

- And after that so much repairment (pain) is your phone OK?

- What was repaired exactly, hardware element or software (driver)?

- What should I suggest if I take it back?

Actually if my phone is not connected to Wi-Fi (Enable Mobile Data Traffic is turned to On) the status menu under the about-phone (in settings) lists that "Mobile network state: disconnected" and IP address is unknown of course.

Thanks "zxcvbad"!

(It would be nice of Sony Team to say something (useful) about this problem. I had sony phone, I have and will have too... just give spport, give hints about what to do with this issue. If i buy the most expensive phone then it can be expected to tell me (exactly) how to fix the problem. Problems, bugs exists that's OK we are humans... but if there is a chance I would like to avoid to take the phone back because actually I don't have another one.)

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

APN reset was done but no positive result... Some hints given by the service provider have been tested (changing some of the configurations) ... Nothing helped. I guess it is dead...
Talent
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Just a thought,given all your carrier settings are as they should be,could the problem be external rather than internal-the sliding m.sim tray,does it seat properly and straight etc,is the m.sim seating into it correctly.Its not a great concept or a strong assembly.Behind the cover sim carriers rarely give trouble it seems to me,where as I've experienced trouble with previous Sony models where you push in the sim externally-they don't seem to register,get detected by the phone so well as the internal sim carriers.
Enthusiast
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi there,
Good news after these posts (I did not give up my first idea that the service provider made a mistake) and the service is alive again.
First of all I changed my micro sim to my friend's one and all the service were working properly again. Conclusion: the micro sim might be the bad guy (At this time I can tell you that the deduction seems to be ok but in my case the bad guy was not the sim but it could be so at first try this if you encounter the same problem. These micro sims lifetime is short.). So I went to the service provider and told them the facts and asked a new sim. I changed it but the service was not available. After these things they reviewed their (the provider's) system setup and realized that sombody killed my paid service by hand (what a shame i thought...). So they apologised and made some correction. And now it's OK again.
That was the story. I hope it could help. Slightly smiling Face
Good Xperiance guys Winking Face
Visitor
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Similar above problem faced by me.atlast solved the problem at sony service centre at a cost of 4000INR..Mobile Imei no Change occurred.. With previous service tag fixed inside...Handset was repairable and customer was depressed for non repairable publicity. Service charge was huge compared to outside repair of same model same neatly.
Learner
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I've had problems in the past with the Ultra as well as Tablet Z intermittent SIM connections. In my case due to the "low budget" plastic SIM caddy the connection was brief and irregular. Pulling the chip I noticed that the contact scrapes went across nicely on 3/4 of the gold contacts on the chip but little to no contact evident on at least one of the pads. Solved the connection problems by layering up cellophane tape (2 or 3 layers) on the backside area of the SIM that was not making a decent contact. Silly solution to a tacky bit of hardware. Worked however. May or may not apply to your situation?

One time poster
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

i bought sony xperia xz premium in singapore. (1st september 2017), i inserted my jio sim. i can't make calls but i can check my mails. when i make call immmediately say call ended. it shows netwrok or sim  erro". but if i inserted in my other phone working fine!. Can you help me out!