account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

My Xperia can't locate my phone

One time poster
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

My Xperia can't locate my phone

i did register my phone with locate my xperia service and then lost my phone during december since now i havent got the phone and i keep on trying to find it,  so i find it difficult for me to say this program works while it didnt for me.

Topic edited by Rickard

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: xperia z

For MyXperia to work 

1. Your phone has to be on
  2. either data or wifi has to be on
  3. your google account has to be on the phone 
  4. MyXperia has to be on

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

https://myxperia.sonymobile.com/

What is my Xperia?

If you happen to misplace your Xperia™ device, the my Xperia service helps you to find it and protect private information by locking your device or even deleting all information on your device. The my Xperia service is offered by Sony Mobile Communications free of charge.

The my Xperia service uses the Google account on your device. If you are using several Google accounts on your device, you can sign in with any of them. You can connect several devices to my Xperia, using the same Google account.

For the my Xperia service to work, your smartphone or tablet must be turned on and has to have a working data connection.

Locate

The Locate function helps you to find your Xperia™ device, by locating it on a map. If my Xperia cannot find your device immediately, an email is sent to your Google account once your device has been located.

Sound alert

If you misplace your device, for example, when you are at home, you can make it play a sound to help you find it. The sound alert overrides all volume settings on your device and plays the sound on full volume.

Lock

You can lock your device with a four digit PIN code. The PIN code that you choose replaces the existing screen lock (e.g. pattern, PIN, password) on your device.

When you lock the device you can also write a message that will be displayed on the screen of your device when it is found. You can also set a phone number where the finder can reach you.

When you lock your device using my Xperia, a confirmation message is sent to your Google account.

Erase

If you want to make sure that nobody gets hold of any private information on your misplaced device, you can erase the data remotely. You can choose to erase the data on internal memory, memory card or both. Once the data has been erased, it can only be restored if you have a backup.

When you erase your device using my Xperia, a confirmation message is sent to your Google account.

Getting started with my Xperia Download and activate my Xperia
  1. Install the my Xperia application on your device. Find and tap Settings > About phone > Software update > New apps > My Xperia and tap the install icon.
  2. Activate my Xperia on your device. Find and tap Settings > Xperia > My Xperia > Activate.
  3. An email is sent to your Google account to confirm that your my Xperia account is activated.
Verify that my Xperia is working

From a computer or another device, verify that your my Xperia account is working by using the Locate, Alert sound or Lock function. If nothing happens, find and tap Settings > Xperia > My Xperia > Enable necessary services on your device. Then verify that my Xperia is working.

Troubleshooting My device does not appear when I login to my XperiaI try to locate, alert, lock, or erase my device using my Xperia, but nothing happens
  • If you are using the Extended standby mode / STAMINA mode on your device, mobile data is automatically disabled when the screen is off. This prevents my Xperia to locate, lock, erase or alert your device. Use another phone and call your cell phone to wake up the screen. Then try again to locate, alert, lock, or erase your device.
  • If your device is turned off when trying to locate, alert, lock or erase, the function will be carried out as soon as the device is turned on again.
  • If you lost your device when being abroad, and it does not have data roaming turn on, my Xperia cannot control your device.
  • If you are unlucky, the person who has found your device turns it off, inactivates my Xperia or disables any necessary service, my Xperia will not be able to control your device.
I cannot find my Xperia on my device after download and install
  • Find and tap Settings > Xperia > My Xperia.
I cannot remember the PIN code I used to lock my device
  • You can lock you device again with a new PIN code, and then unlock your device using that PIN code.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

i didn't lost my xperia zl. however, i wanted to try myxperia to see whether  it's working or not. myxperia can locate my phone, but when i try to lock the phone, or do the sound alert, nothing happen. what should i do to make these work?

One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Re: My Xperia can't locate my phone

my xperia Z was. Stolen last night while im dead asleep. Can not use my smart watch because it was disconnected. I tried to locate it with my xperia.. It says cannot locate my phone, in fact ibwas able to do it when i activated my phoneand sent me an email saying phone was found... Now when it was real lost, can not locate it.. I have also read that offline access, meaning kt can locate phone when it is turned off.. Why it cant locate it? Pain in the **bleep**... Can anyone help me to find it?

One time poster
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

i have same problem.. can't locate my stolen phone last night..i am hoping for immediate solution..

Adviser
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

the phone must be on to be located so if your battery is drained, it ain't gonna work people!
One time poster
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Hello Sony,

After I press the erase button can I  still locate my phone? Now I cannot chose the locate or lock my sony phone from myxperia website. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

can I locate my xperia when my wifi and data is off? And only the gprs is open.
One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Does find my xperia relies on the owners google account intact on the phone? That is a bad design I think. It should rely on IMEI or UID broadcast of some sort. So if someone deletes everything from it, reformat it etc, it could still be found when it is turned on. My T2 was stolen too, and find my xperia is useless.