account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lollipop Screwed my Xperia Z Ultra Experience.

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: Lollipop Screwed my Xperia Z Ultra Experience.

I feel the same way..... I kep my z ultra in the service center to be fix and they return me with updated android to lallipop... But i find out that a lot of feature i really like are missing like... enlarging your homescreen icon... Keep the fone in landscape mode... Long hlod the icons in the drop down menu to go to more settings... Long press the apps in recent apps to force close them... Etc... So please sony fix this issue..... With an update or something.....
Emperor
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

@Samuelhmar

I'd noticed that you posted the same on other threads, please don't cross-post. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

I wanted to revert back to KitKat so followed the guide in flashing firmware to my phone. I have completed the steps until the last (Flashing finished. Please unplug and start your phone.) I disconnected it. Then I powered it on. It was fine until it suddenly stopped during the startup process (purple startup animation). Then it entered into a boot loop. Now I have to do a software repair. Slightly frowning Face Any other tips or advice? Badly need it. Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

@tiangiron

reflash the phone or repair it with PCC 

press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds to turn it off

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

@tiangiron

Learner
Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

I tried repairing it with PCC. The repair failed twice. It says check your internet connection. But the connection is fine. What should I do? Should I try to flash Lollipop instead?

@uliwooly

Emperor
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

that's odd, how slow/fast is your internet connection?

go to speedtest

also disable your firewall and antivirus and then try again. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

@uliwooly

I was able to repair it with PC Companion. Now I got 5.0.2 Lollipop back. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Emperor
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

@tiangiron

Anytime Slightly smiling Face 

Adept
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

just for info.
simple home ar large icon(area2touch) available @setting/home
Quick setting shortcut available beside user icon 2nd drop down menu.
Automatic brightness level can be access via setting/display/adaptive brightness.