account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 71
Message 41 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Hi Sanj

Have a look at this post. Don't think they are gonna to fix this problem.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-Ultra/Error-You-can-only-mirror-the-following-applications-Xp...

Talent
Message 42 of 71
Message 42 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Thank Anthony for reply,

I have seen that post . now I a stuck as they will not provide how to recover the security which has been deleted when I tried to unlock the bootloader.

Now I have relocked the boot loader. it like punishment for the user who purchase the phoen from sony.

the reason I was trying to unlock boot loader to root the  phone.

now a days you have game of size more than 1 GB and it do not fit in 4Gb internal storage and do not allow to move to external storage. it like hancuffed purchasing the smart phone from SOny. how ever now S4 allows to move the data from internal storage to external.

Thanks any way for the reply , And wish you Merry Christmas.

Apprentice
Message 43 of 71
Message 43 of 71

simple. Go to walkman app. When it's on go to the options and choose "throw". Then tap screen mirroring and you should get your tv on the list. (screen mirroring or direct wifi has to be active on your TV) Choose it and you'll see your phone screen on your TV. Then you tap your home button and screen mirroring stays active and you can use any app you want and see it on the tv... EasySlightly smiling Face
Apprentice
Message 44 of 71
Message 44 of 71

simple. Go to walkman app. When it's on go to the options and choose "throw". Then tap screen mirroring and you should get your tv on the list. (screen mirroring or direct wifi has to be active on your TV) Choose it and you'll see your phone screen on your TV. Then you tap your home button and screen mirroring stays active and you can use any app you want and see it on the tv... EasySlightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 45 of 71
Message 45 of 71

Xperia Z screen mirroring error

[Error]

You can only mirror the following applications: Xperia Home, Movies, WALKMAN, Settings.

The reason I've opted for a smart TV with wifi certified is because of screen mirroring. My aim is to display the photos and videos taken using the phone on the TV!!

How can I remove HDCP protection on the Sony phone??

PLEASE KINDLY REPLY.

Adviser
Message 46 of 71
Message 46 of 71

Have you try to throw that pictures and movies from ZU album and movies app to your smart TV?
The way you do is open album/ movies app, open the pics or movie that you want to mirror, tap it and see on the top right conner on three vertical dot menu, tap on throw then the phone will search for pairing device. Since they connect to same network its should be done.
I have no problem at all mirroring photos and movies with my regular lcd tv samsung 4 series which connected to rikomagic iv runs on android 4.2.2 wich support miracast.
Adviser
Message 47 of 71
Message 47 of 71

The other way mirroring your display which "not" wireless is by using MHL (Mobile HD Link) cable, retail price around $10. This way will mirroring everything that displayed on you ZU will shown on your TV. I like this way better to play my all android HD games on the big screen, and using the duall shock wireless controller as the joystick...
One time poster
Message 48 of 71
Message 48 of 71

i got here exactely the same problem with my xperia z2 each time use screen mirroring with tv through the mircast dongle

actully this happend after i unlocked the bootlaoder but not befor

device model : C6903

Android version : 4.4.2

Build number:  14.3.A.0.757

Talent
Message 49 of 71
Message 49 of 71

so only these few apps are actually possible to use with mirroring?

Visitor
Message 50 of 71
Message 50 of 71

I'm facing the same problem but Xperia Z1. It doesn't work on ANY TV.

I have Android 4.4.2 KitKat version 14.3.A.0.757.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue please drop me an e-mail: timy27@gmail.com

Sony doesn't know anything. Crap.

Slightly frowning Face