account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 71
Message 21 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Have sent it to you.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 71
Message 22 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

I still haven't received any update from you yet. Any update for the issue?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 71
Message 23 of 71

I have forwarded your details for further investigation, this will probably take some time.

It would help if you could contact a dealer of home electronics to test your phone with a Sony Bravia TV to verify that this is not a problem with your unit only.

The reason i asked about your bootloader is that unlocking the bootloader will wipe the DRM-keys and secure user data partition. This may perhaps affect HDCP but i don't know for sure.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 71
Message 24 of 71

Thanks for your reply.

1) As I mentioned previously, screen mirroring ONLY works for Sony Bravia Smart TV but not any other brand/types of devices.

My phone is working fine and it seems like it is a common bug for Sony smart phone

2) Forget about unlocking. I have never done that for my phone and not sure how I can do it

JT
Regular
Message 25 of 71
Message 25 of 71

Hi Anthony,

I received same message as what you mentioned when I mirroring with netgear PTV3000, I sent my z ultra to Sony service center for software reinstall today or you can try this by PC companion, as they mentioned that there are two version of 510.

After the reinstall, the "HDCP msg" disappeared and able to mirroring with PTV3000 BUT NEED TO RESET MY PTV3000 EVERYTIME WHEN I WANT TO MIRRORING. 

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 71
Message 26 of 71

Thank you for your information.

After I update to the latest firmware version 526, the message seems to be gone away but still unable to connect.

When I I turn on "Screen Mirroring" function in my phone, I can search and invite my output device (i.e. my Android TV box). At the same time, I can hit the 'Accept' button in my output device but nothing happen after that and connection just time out.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 71
Message 27 of 71

New error message received using screen mirroring:

"The output device does not support HDCP. You can only mirror the following applications: Xperia Home, Movies, WALKMAN, Settings"

Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 71
Message 28 of 71

I have received information that the next update for the phone will have improvements for Screen Mirroring that should solve this. I don't have any date for when the update will be available but please let me know in case you still have problems after the next update.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 71
Message 29 of 71

Thanks for the update.

Enthusiast
Message 30 of 71
Message 30 of 71

I have tested it with the latest firmware version and still haven't the same problems. Any comments?