account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Rookie
Message 61 of 71
Message 61 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

OK, This is my devices and result

TV: KDL-40EX500, it is very old, obviously it doesn't have built-in wifi display funtion.

so I bought

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter ($59) and hooked to HDMI and USB port (Probably only for getting power from here)

PC: SONY Vaio Duo 11 Windows 8.1 

OK

Tablet: SONY Xperia Z2 Tablet SGP521 23.1.A.0.726

OK

Cell Phone: SONY Xperia Z Ultra C6833 14.5.A.0.270

NG, after trying hard, error, does not support HDCP

I tried other not-Sony tablet and laptop with Windows 10 installed, works fine as well.

Solved by

Updating farmware (to May 2015 released version) on MIcrosoft WIreless Display Adapter.

Note: to update firmware, I had to use Windows machine connected to the adapter.

Hope this will help others who is wondering.

Rookie
Message 62 of 71
Message 62 of 71

Re: Z3 HDCP error with Microsoft Display Adaptor (Miracast)

Dear Rickard,

I´m also annoyed and exhausted with solving HDCP problem.

I have the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and the latest updates of Android OS.

I tried your cable DL-MC30 to connect with my HDTV monitor Samsung lt24d390ew with MHL support builded in.

No chance to turn the mirrong on. Then I tried some cable from Hama and the result was the same.

Now I have Micrsoft Wireless Adapter and again it doesn´t work. Where is the problem? Is there chance to turn the mirroring on? Or the Sony is making fun from me? Because my Lumia 730, cheap device comparing to Xperia Z Ultra, works perfectly.

Thanks for Your response.

Rookie
Message 63 of 71
Message 63 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Hi KazM!

Any solutions for Windows 7?

I found the update app, but it's for newer OS, here:

https://www.microsoft.com/cs-cz/store/apps/microsoft-wireless-display-adapter/9wzdncrfjbb1

Is it the one, you have used for firmware update?

Thanks for reply!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 64 of 71
Message 64 of 71

Re: Z3 HDCP error with Microsoft Display Adaptor (Miracast)

@Míša

The issue is that Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is not fully compliant with the specification for HDCP 2.2. We have made a workaround for this so that it will work anyway but the software update containing the workaround is not released for Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra yet. It will be included in the next maintenance release for these models. For Z2 and Z3-series the workaround is already available which is why it works with these models.

@KazM

Thanks for letting us know! Seem the HDCP issue is fixed in the latest firmware for the display adapter then.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 65 of 71
Message 65 of 71

Ok Rickard, thanks for reply.
And what's the date of maintenance release?
I understand that Microsoft does not fully support HDCP standard, but why you complicate life of common users with these digital certificates?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 66 of 71
Message 66 of 71

I can't provide you with a date for the release and exactly when your phone will get the update may also depend on local and operator approvals. But we plan to start the rollout in a near future. For the latest information on software updates, also keep an eye on http://blogs.sonymobile.com/

HDCP is used for content protection. It's required by some content providers.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 67 of 71
Message 67 of 71

I have the hdcp error with my Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, i can't connect it to my Samsung TV.

It works finrf with my Xperia Z5 and my Xperia Z3 Compact, but not with the Z2 Tablet. Where is the error? 

My TV has the latest Firmware on it, and is i wrote it works with the two other devices.

One time poster
Message 68 of 71
Message 68 of 71

I am having the same problem with my Sony Xperia z3 plus
One time poster
Message 69 of 71
Message 69 of 71

I tried many different methods but was not able to get it done, then came to know that it has something to do with TV, then tried resetting tv it worked as charm. Slightly smiling Face
Learner
Message 70 of 71
Message 70 of 71

i have z5 premium and it gives me error :  You can only mirror the following applications: Xperia Home, Movies, WALKMAN, Settings 

i am gonna try this and report back : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wIM67kVVL8