account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Rookie
Message 51 of 71
Message 51 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

This fix does not work for the z2
Rookie
Message 52 of 71
Message 52 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Xperia z2 pcv Mirracast not working. No hdcp connection. dnla connects but no output.
Ps3 controller not working either.
Wish I stayed with Samsung.
Sony support very poor
It's like the blind leading the blind.
You don't expect to pay 500 quid for false advertisments and inferior coding.
Sony, pull your fingers out of the proverbial and get your flagship running as advertised.
One time poster
Message 53 of 71
Message 53 of 71

If you want to have trouble free miracast, just don't use Sony product.

Too much trouble and no solution.

Visitor
Message 54 of 71
Message 54 of 71

I have this same issue on my Xperia Z1 compact and Bravia KDL40W605B. Connection works until screen mirroring tries to come trough. Connection is broken and will not re-establish. Message on my Xperia: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP. However sommetimes it ends with a message to retry screen mirroring. Both devices run latest updates and firmware.

Visitor
Message 55 of 71
Message 55 of 71

I now understand that by unlocking my bootloader I deleted my personal DRM key, which seriously effects functionality on my Xperia, like less camera functionality and lost posibility for screen mirroring. This was not that clear when I unlocked my device, however I was warned about loosing functionality. Of course, I am not happy with Sony at this moment, since I recently bought a Sony TV to use for screen mirroring.

Adviser
Message 56 of 71
Message 56 of 71

same problem here, I got a micacast dongle thing that let you mirror your phone to the tv. Thing always work and connect BEFORE I updated to Android 4.4.4. But after I updated my Z Ultra and also my Z1, those devices keep giving me this HDCP error crap and wouldn't connect. I tried it on my Note 2, everything connected to the dongle instantaniously and works fine. This is definitely something Sony need to look into.

Rookie
Message 57 of 71
Message 57 of 71

Finally after 6 months, found the fix.. It's as simple as making sure the tv has latest software updated.. Mine is a Samsung led tv, f series.. And sony xperia z1 compact. Updated the tv software (after multiple failures) to latest version 2125 and now it's working.!!! Also mine is android 4.4.4.
Visitor
Message 58 of 71
Message 58 of 71

I have old Sony bravia ex400 and android cs968 rk3188 connected to for mirroring I still face the same problem
One time poster
Message 59 of 71
Message 59 of 71

I updated my TV now to the latest version and the screen mirroring is working perfectly.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 60 of 71
Message 60 of 71

Glad to hear that Slightly smiling Face

And welcome to the community!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.