account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Commissioner
Message 11 of 71
Message 11 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

Hi, in my opinion, to use the Screen mirroring function, it requests that Wi-Fi direct is supported by your TV box or TV. Have you checked your TV or TV box if it support wifi direct? As you said the HTC has no problem, I suppose you are mentioning about DLNA network or "throw", but not the screen mirroring?

JT
Regular
Message 12 of 71
Message 12 of 71

Re: Could not turn on Screen mirroring. The output device is not ready or does not support HDCP

I also have this problem when I try to use my xperia z ultra mirroring through netgear PTV3000, same message as what you mentioned. did you get any solutions yet?

JT
Regular
Message 13 of 71
Message 13 of 71

I have this problem after I updated the latest firmware 14.1.B.1.510, but the previous version of firmware 14.1.B.1.475,doesn't seen good as well because it only able to connect one time, for the second time of connection, you need to restart your mirroring adapter. I tried to use my Samsung S4 to connect but don't have this problem at all:'( . I had a xperia tablet z previously when I tried to mirroring, my wifi connection will cut off and cause me unable to surf website during mirroring, I feedback to the shop their answer is "that's why tablet z have LTE version" and is for you to surf net during mirroring. "half price sold my tablet Z already...xperia z ultra able to connect to wifi and mirroring at the same time..but mirroring problem came out...I think I will sell it half price again..:'(

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 71
Message 14 of 71

I am referring to Screen Mirroring, not everything else.

This is the error message raised when using wifi display (i.e. Based on wifi direct) for screen mirroring. My Tv box is running android 4.2.2 which comes with miracast and wifi direct feature.

If you look at my previous post and have a look for the url, people doing the review also pointed out the same problem - screen mirroring doesn't work for the phone
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 71
Message 15 of 71

I don't have any 3:rd party device to test with here but it works with a Sony Bravia TV.

As you get this error with several devices, have you done any modifications to the phone like unlocking the bootloader?

@JT

Make sure that the firmware in your Netgear is updated. It seems they have fixed an issue regarding HDCP in an update: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22773/~/ptv3000-firmware-version-2.2.12

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 71
Message 16 of 71

1. I haven't modified/rooted my phone after update/reset my phone
  2. That's the thing I want to point out. Screen mirroring works with Sony Bravia TV (i.e. I have tested with my phone as well) but didn't see anyone get it working with other non-Sony devices.  
  3. Please have a look for this review (http://www.techradar.com/au/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-z-1119637/review/9). Other users are experiencing the same problem.
Highlighted
JT
Regular
Message 17 of 71
Message 17 of 71

hi rikard, the latest firmware version of ptv3000 is 2.4.3 and I tried to downgrade to 2.2.12 as what you mentioned, doesn't work for me as well, as what I mentioned, my other brand of phone work perfectly with my Ptv3000 and I able to mirroring with firmware version 14.1.B.1.475 but after upgrade to 14.1.B.1.510 it can't work. need your help.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 71
Message 18 of 71

When you say that you haven't done it after the reset, does that mean that you have previously unlocked the phones bootloader? Could you please send me a PM with the following information:

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
IMEI nr:
Build number:

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 71
Message 19 of 71

1) To make it clear, I have never ever rooted/unlocked my phone.

2) Don't know why you need my information. Can't we talk via the forum? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 71
Message 20 of 71

In order for me to escalate this for further investigation i need that information. You can send it to me using private message on the forum.