account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

C6843 died in update 5.1

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

C6843 died in update 5.1

During the upgrade to 5.1 the unit froze and died . Now when I turn on the device the message "The software update failed. make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again".
I've tried pressing the power button + volume up, but nothing happens.

Slightly frowning Face

3 REPLIES 3
Genius
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: C6843 died in update 5.1

Hi @JoaoFrigerio

I suggest first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@xavinux wrote:

@hi @JoaoFrigerio

I suggest first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds) Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question. I´m at disposal for any question.

When I put the device to recharge it is turn on multiple times in endless loop getting the message "the software update failed. make sure that your phone is connected to the computer and try again sony z ultra".
When volume up + power, nothing happens Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Genius
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi JoaoFrigerio, welcome to the community!

When trying to force the shut down with the volume up and power key, please make sure the phone is unplugged from any cables when holding those keys simultaneously for 10 seconds. If that still doesn't work, let the phone run flat & put it on charge for about an hour - then try running the repair again. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.