account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Auto rotate lock screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Auto rotate lock screen

Hi

I don't know where is it just me or others got this issue

I have my auto rotate on (check)

when my phone was on landscape, when ever it goes into sleep (stand by) and I wake it up, it will be in lockscreen landscape mode  for few secs, then goes back to portrait mode.

is it possible to have it stay without it going back to portrait? as I at times use it on my magnetic dock to charge and use at the same time.

I assume it can goes into landscape thou is say it can't unless 3rd party apps ( by others)

pls advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Auto rotate lock screen

Maybe you can use this apps Adaptive Rotation Lock. Its free in google play and very neat. So many options u can even use ur z ultra upside down. I used it the first time got my z ultra. It can lock your Prepared orientation.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Maybe you can use this apps Adaptive Rotation Lock. Its free in google play and very neat. So many options u can even use ur z ultra upside down. I used it the first time got my z ultra. It can lock your Prepared orientation.
Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

hmm thks ^^

but looks weird when u can't landscape without 3rd party and it auto rotate n rotate back =.=

Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Well, yeah ur right with that. Im prepared to use this z ultra in landscape mode more than in portrait mode so we have the same opinion. But this phone really lacks the option to make it lock to the orientation u want, so yeah, so sad about it that we should rely to 3rd party apps.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I found your "solution" some days ago. Thus I loaded "Rotation Lock Adaptive" (paid version) to my Experia Z Ultra model number C 6833, build number 14.1.B.1.532

I used the App option "Force Auto" and selected "Auto Start". The App basically seemed to function, but I had the impression that the Smartphone used more battery power than usual. I switched off the device by once pushing the appropriate hardware button. After several minutes, I tried to switch the screen to ON by again pushing the hardware button. But I found out that the system did no longer run. I had to activate a new start of the unit, and I had to enter again the SIM code.

I then checked the battery usage of the unit, and found out that during the presumed "dark screen" period, the unit used more than 20 % of the battery capacity! I then deactivated the "Rotation Lock Adaptive" application by the appropriate option. It then was again possible to switch off the Smartphone to "dark screen" as usual.

I deleted the App "Rotation Lock Adaptive" from the device. As a result, the device got unstable!!!  I encountered the same effects as decribed at the thread "Xperia Z Ultra: screen problems after reset / power on - blank display".

I had to activate a factory reset. Thus I was loosing several data which were not saved by backups done via PC Compagnion.

My question: Did anyone successfully use "Rotation Lock Adaptive" on an actual version of Experia Z Ultra? For my part, I will not attempt to load that App again to my device.

Talent
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hei, you are right. I am on 532 firmware.  When i disable the auto rotate.  It seem the apps are still still able to rotate is oriantation.  Is this what u mean?  Any one know how to fixed it ?

Talent
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Oops my mistake. When using docking charging will rotate the screen. After take off from dock, it will work normally. Sorry guys .
lig
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Personally I've found Ultimate Rotation Control app more useful http://lnkfy.com/DCc

It even has separated setting for lock screen behavior.

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the warning