account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Album App Problem??

Adept
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Album App Problem??

I have downloaded movies from Video Unlimited but in album app it showing black icons . it doesnt show the movies picture. please help.

22 REPLIES 22
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Album App Problem??

Please try this:

Main menu > Settings > Apps > All > Album > Clear Data.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Thank you for the responce . i have done that still the same . thank you .

Master
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Can you play the videos? 

If so I think the album app take the first frame of the movie file and create a thumbnail. And the first frame usually is black in a movie. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Hi,

Same problem here, in Italy, with latest versions of album app on Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z, Z1 and Ultra.

Yes I can play videos, because it opens them in Movie app... and I understand your explanation about the first black frame... by the way previous versions of album app are used to display an album art for the movies.. like the movie poster, the one the movie is diplayed with on Video Unlimited, not a thumbnail.. it was nicer...

Ambrogio Calcaterra

Milano Italy

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

You can still do this: Main menu > Movies > Menu Button > Settings > Get Video Details.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Doesn't show some/many assets in My Albums> My SD Card. but only showing their thumbnails (images/videos), in my xperia z (album latest version 52A120).OS 4.2.2

Even if I changed the folder name, it still showing only thumbnails of its assets, not the files when I go in. Also, 1 moved one video inside this 'not showing' folder. This video is showing correctly, but not other files (yesterday the same were being shown).

Rebooting, Clearing data and cache not solving. I'm trying to find where does it store its cache in its folder structure? Any help?

Talent
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

I had the same problem before. I do this it help me . Hope to you guys too.

1) clear data at media storage(for all media). Setting->Apps->All->Media Storage.
2) reboot device for force it to rescan the media.
3) Album/Movie will back to normal, won't show thumbnail pic or misc video.
May take up some time.

Good luck.
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Thanks for your solution buddy.

I found this very solution in another thread (See here.) and it solved my problem. But be wary, for a few minutes, it seems that you've lost everything in internal and external memory.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

Just an hour back, I thought, I've found a new way to delete the 'Media Storage'. I.e. I deleted internal memory> storage (or its subfolder named legacy/emulated).

BUT WHAT I DID! GOD! I DELETED/ERASED ALL MY EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD! SUCH A BLUNDER. NO WARNING, NOTHING! I GOT NO WARNING AND HAD JUST DELETED A SMALL FOLDER NAMED STORAGE (OR SOME OF ITS SUB FOLDERS NAMED LEGACY OR EMULATED). THAT'S ALL.

I NEVER THOUGHT ANDROID COULD DO THIS TO ME. IF IT WAS WINDOWS, IT WOULD HAVE WARNED ME 100S OF TIMES BEFORE TAKING SUCH A DRASTIC STEP.