account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oreo 8.0 bug

One time poster
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

oreo 8.0 bug

On Xperia XZs after oreo update Phone starts hanging, Camera starts lagging and starts overheating object tracking feature thus stopped (there  was no issues in 7.1.1 version), battery backup also slightly decreased 

16 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: oreo 8.0 bug

My Xperia XZs started lagging alot after oreo update. And sometimes camera error pops up saying "camera cannot start". It's so annoying. Please fix these issues. 

Regular
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

The same problem for me. Battery life is bad on Oreo and Camera application sometime start with black screen, so I must closed app and open it again. Opening is not so fast as it was on Nougat. This isn't good for taking fast shots.

Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

I'm having the same issues. I thought it might have been because of a recent app update like Instagram for me. Yet even when I uninstalled the lag was still there.

Restarting the phone doesn't help nor does clearing the ram help but only for a few minutes.

I know we all hope a fix is sent out soon! 

Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

@Knowledge5106 @Nijith007 @Luk6 @Naveen13

After major updates, it's advised to have a clean installation instead of upgrading the old system. So I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be trying this right now. 

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Battery backup is very poor,before i use two day easily after full recgarge but now one day using is very difficult .

One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Sorry to say some what there is difference in lagging issue but  mainly camera and battery issue is still there overheating also

Nijith Areekkara
Learner
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Apart from lagging, battery, camera, overheating issues. I have this another problem, when i end a phone call sometimes music starts playing out of nowhere in background automatically and it's in stuck in loop until i go to recents window and clear all apps. And even though picture in picture is enabled in my phone it doesn't work. There are lot of issues in this update. BTW Did any one tried software repair? Does it help fix these issues? Please let me know if it fixes these bugs.

Learner
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

The Camera and volume buttons don't work anymore too...