account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Yellow stain on display

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Yellow stain on display

Experiencing Yellow stain on the screen.

It is appeared only on the white screen when making screen test. Local service centre didn't even care about it if it was user fault( I wasn't sure if it is user fault or factory err coz I hv dropped my XZs once). But now some other user are also experiencing such problem. So should I claim fattory error. It's also look like as screen burning.received_1217569518390132.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Yellow stain on display

Hi again @THKK and that sounds good!

Keep me posted and have a nice weekend. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @THKK, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you, as your device will need to be examined by a trained technician.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thz for ur reply. 

Coz I hv something to do during these days, I will go see Local service centre a few days later and then I will let you know how it goes!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi again @THKK and that sounds good!

Keep me posted and have a nice weekend. Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Local service centre gave me 50% off for replacement coz I had made repair for drop damage with labour fee foc 1 time and rewriting firmware for flash light err with labour fee FOC again( I thought that's bcoz I cleaned my ph back cover with spirit and it wasn't the case. Rewriting firmware solved it and there's no damage of liquid at all)

They said if the ph was dropped or liquid err before, warannty is void. So they can gave me only 50% off for LCD replacement. I agreed coz they gave me bck my defect LCD and inserted  it in my cracked screen ph.

The problem is solved so. 

Thz for ur help.

Btw, the replacement LCD is a bit yellowish on white color display unlike my old LCD. I m afraid if it might b a low quality one.

Is it possible that two LCDs do not show same solid white color on the same setting? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Hi again @THKK!

Was the display replaced at an authorized service centre or a third party service centre? There could be minor differences, but if you are not pleased with the replacement LCD, you should get in touch with the service centre again.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi, This is a problem for me too... 

If anyone knows the cause and the way to repair it, tell us.

thank you. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi @roham23,

I'm afraid that the only solution is to have the display replaced, since this is caused by the hardware in the device.

The Local support team in your market will assist you further with having the device sent in for repairs, so please get in touch with them.