account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia XZ Dual Sim Performance issues

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia XZ Dual Sim Performance issues

I been using my phone for about 3 or 4 months now. And since the firsf time i been using it. I have experience lagging many times in normal application such as facebook and even some 90Mb games.

I even have trouble while using youtube. It isn't laggy while im using youtube but it keep freezing at a random moment when im watching a videos.

Sometimes,my phone run VERRY SMOOTHLY like a Snapdragon 820 in a phone would. But again i have try so many stuff to fix it such as:

Restarting my phone

Reset my phone to malnufacture setting

Using the Xperia Companion app on PC to use the repair mode ( it found some error on my phone and repair it tho. But it doesn't help me much  the repair progress is done)

Deleting cache files

Deleting photos,video, games,....

Turn off some setting of the phone that i think will use more of it power.

All of that and none of them work

Please help me if you have any suggestions

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Pioneer
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia XZ Dual Sim Performance issues

Have you tried Safe Mode, @ProTeuTeu?

Try Safe Mode and let us know if you are still experiencing lag or other issues...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Im using the Xperia XZ Dual Sim

My android version is 7.1.1

Im having issue with most of the daily application such as: Facebook, Messenger and especially Youtube.

I even having trouble like it so laggy when im playing 80MB games. And this phone have a Snapdragon 820? I mean it suppose to run smoothly with most of the game even Asphalt 8 or something require many of core power like that.

And with Youtube, it isn't jusst lagging at all, when i am watching a video. Suddenly the screen won't react when im tapping on it. Yes the video still running but after a while of trying tapping on it. A message pop up and it said: " Youtube don't respone right now. Do you want to close it?" The only option for me was to close it and this is getting verry annoying since im using youtube everyday.

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Good pm, i experiencing some performance issue as well, like no notification icon and sounds when i received text messeges.. This problem has been resolved during my sony was on safe mode, but the third party applications has been removed. when i turn it back to normal mode, i experience the same issue again, How can we totally solve this problem.. 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@BarryAllen0628 wrote:

This problem has been resolved during my sony was on safe mode, but the third party applications has been removed. when i turn it back to normal mode, i experience the same issue again

Hi @BarryAllen0628,

If you don't experience this problem in Safe Mode, then there's a possibility that one of your third-party applications may be causing the lag. What you will need to do is remove your third-party applications one-by-one until you find the application which is causing your problems...

The other possiblity is that your smartphone may be nearly out of internal storage; just like with a computer, your smartphone can sometimes start to "lag" if it is nearly out of storage space.

How much storage space is left on your smartphone (Settings-->Device-->Storage & memory)?

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!