account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

XZs dual sim

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

XZs dual sim

I need a help about dual sim functionality in XZs. Does the XZs Dual supports both of sim slots 4G-4G, 4G-3G, 3G-3G like the XZ dual sim phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: XZs dual sim

Hi again @johkhz, sorry that I misunderstood your question!

I just tried this out on an Xperia XZs Dual and it does support both SIM cards on 3G. I put the preferred network type to "Only WCDMA" on both cards and it worked just fine.

So in the Xperia XZs Dual you will be able to have one SIM card on 4G or 3G and the other SIM card on 3G, however as I wrote earlier, only one SIM card will be able to have an active mobile data connection!

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

XZs Dual SIM will have only one SIM at 4G and the other at 3G/2G:

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzsdualsim/userguide/selecting-mobile-networks/

PS: I don't think the XZ was supporting 4G on both SIMs.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @johkhz,

As @Quester wrote, Xperia XZs supports one 4G/LTE network and one 3G/WCDMA network at the same time. Do note that only one SIM card will be able to use mobile data and you can choose which SIM card you want to handle the mobile data traffic.

As far as I know, no one of our Dual devices supports two 4G/LTE networks at the same time.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thanks, @Quester.  I think I didn't explain myself well in the question.

True: both SIM cards can not be connected to the 4G network, but, my question is whether you can connect both sim cards to the 3G network in the following combinations:

- LTE and one 3G network

- 3G in both sim

- 3G and 2G.

That is what is not clear in the specifications of the Sony XZs dual sim, but they are well explained in the Sony XZ dual sim

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, Jonas.

My question is whether I can use both SIM cards in 3G networks. It is true that it can not connect both sim to 4G networks, but what I wanted to clarify was if I could connect both SIM cards to 3G networks, like I see in the XZ Dual SIM (Selecting mobile networks)

"Your device supports the use of two different networks at the same time. You can select from the following network mode combinations when two SIM cards are inserted in your device:

• One LTE network and one WCDMA network
  • One LTE network and one GSM network
  • Two WCDMA networks
  • One WCDMA network and one GSM network
  • Two GSM networks"

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi again @johkhz, sorry that I misunderstood your question!

I just tried this out on an Xperia XZs Dual and it does support both SIM cards on 3G. I put the preferred network type to "Only WCDMA" on both cards and it worked just fine.

So in the Xperia XZs Dual you will be able to have one SIM card on 4G or 3G and the other SIM card on 3G, however as I wrote earlier, only one SIM card will be able to have an active mobile data connection!

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

No, @jonas. Rather, I apologize for asking the wrong question, earlier (sorry, i'm no native English spoken).

And THANKS, thanks for aswer it Grinning Face with smiling Eyes

That was the question I wanted to clarify: What could be used both SIM in 3G networks (one for mobile data and the other in standby for calls and texts). Very important fact to take the decision to buy this model of mobile, because in different countries are turning off 2G networks. I had that doubt because in the official site they do not specify it clearly for the XZs Dual model, but they do explain it very well for the XZ Dual model. See:

Selecting mobile networks XZs Dual SIM model:

Your device supports the use of two different networks at the same time. You can select from the following network mode combinations:

• One WCDMA network
  • One GSM network
  • One WCDMA and one GSM network
  • One LTE, one WCDMA and one GSM network

But

Selecting mobile networks XZ Dual SIm model:

Your device supports the use of two different networks at the same time. You can select from the following network mode combinations when two SIM cards are inserted in your device:

• One LTE network and one WCDMA network
  • One LTE network and one GSM network
  • Two WCDMA networks
  • One WCDMA network and one GSM network
  • Two GSM networks

Do you see the difference of explanation in the support page of Sony?. It should have the same explanation, as both mobile models use the same Qualcomm 820 chipset.

It would be interesting to see screenshots of the network selection menu in the XZs dual SIM. Could you make screenshots to add them here to help other users?

Very kind reply and thank you so much

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi again @johkhz, sorry for my late reply.

You're very welcome and I'm glad I was able to assist you! Slightly smiling Face

I agree with you, the information in the user guides are very confusing when you want to see which kind of networks you can use and I will make sure to forward this internally!

It basically looks the same as in a non-Dual device but instead of getting directly to the settings for the mobile network, you have SIM 1 and SIM 2 and you have the same option to change the preferred network type, data roaming, APN, choose service provider and also an option to enable mobile data for one of the cards!

Have a great day and let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with!

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi

I am using two sim cards and the thing is my Xzs starts hanging like doing  multi tasking that I could not control my mobile at that particular time. For example I may not able to attend the phone call so and so. Only for few minutes it will work properly 

Atlast I really get rid of this and removed one sim card. Now it's working properly 

But kindly help me to use dual sim without hanging (multitasking).  For reference I use Jio as sim 1 and Vodafone in sim 2

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @amdeepak23, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is there any change which SIM card you have inserted in the different SIM slots? For example, if you move your Vodafone SIM card to slot 1 and your Jio SIM to slot 2.

You can also try and restart your device in safe mode and see if you experience the same behaviour when downloaded applications aren't loaded.

Let me know how it goes!