Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2017-12-15 05:26 AM
My XZs, before being upgraded to Andriod 8, it could be used for 2 days, and I was so excited about that when I told my friend I had a Sony phone that could last more than any other Galaxy or IP.
But, when the Oreo upgrade was done in my phone, I could see clearly that the battery drained so quickly, incredibly for no reason, the fact is that:
- i did not install any new app since the upgrade
- the frequency of phone using is the same
- the phone now cannot even last for a whole day
- after one night sleep, I found out it lost 12-15% battery, Im really curious on what the phone does with those energy when I sleep
- the apps that use the most battery are: Phone idle, Android OS, Android system, Mobile network standby. Each of them use battery even much more than Facebook app, that's amazing, never ever did this case happen before
- the recent update with size of 243MB did not help to fix the problem
- some other apps start with longer time, sometimes they crash during starting (unbelievable with a Snap 820, 4G Ram device)
I am really disappointed on the Oreo upgrade. It not only did not help anything (all the new features of Orea that are advertised are already available with android 7 in Sony) but also help the device run like a trash. All of my friends using XZ series also have the same problem and we are all irritated.
If Sony intend to make an upgrade, pls ensure it is an improvement to our phone, if not pls spend more time on it. We spend to buy a flagship, so we hope it works with high performance.
Pls take your time to fix this problem, we still count on you, Sony team, we hope.
a month ago
Same problem with my XZs 30% akku during the night with out using the phone! Any Statemens from Sony? Hope they will fix this asap!
Oreo turned my XZs from a super tool into scrap.
4 weeks ago
Found the reason: It is garmin connect app together with the garmin vivoactive. If I turn off bluetooth either on the phone or one smartwatch there is note battery issue. In the accu usage page of the phone you can't see that garmin connect ist reponsible. The table states one or two percent for that app.
With all the other bluetooth devices there ist no problem!
At the end I have to say that not oreo turned my phone in scrap, it is the garmin software!
4 weeks ago
Hi, i have the same problem, overheating and battery drain. I thought it was my Garmin connect but i consciously turn off the app and Bluetooth, regularly close all running apps but it still overheats and drains the battery...