account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Why does "Phone Idle" use so much battery?

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Why does "Phone Idle" use so much battery?

Hi,

Problem still exits and according to my observation, it is getting worse. "Phone idle" is still at the top of battery consumption with 32% and the second on the list is Android OS with 24% .
Could you please let us know what will be done regarding to this issue? 

WhatsApp Image 2017-05-13 at 11.15.55 AM.jpeg

Thanks in advance..

9 REPLIES 9
Visitor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why does "Phone Idle" use so much battery?

Mine is also having the same problem. There is a Phone Idle taking up the most of usage. My battery life is so poor. I had just bought it 2 weeks ago to replace my 3 years old Z3c. But this new XZs is much more poorer than my older Z3c. Sometimes I need to recharge it 2 to 3 times a day with a moderate usage.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Same issue here, phone idle is taking up most of the battery. Would really love a solution to this, since I was under the impression that Xperias usually had impecabble battery life. 

Screenshot_20170703-144104.png

Highlighted
Talent
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

That is due to the Android 7 Update in which phone idle contains everything that is not display or apps. Previous it contained only the sleep time, now it's the whole time 

Talent
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

At the moment I have 71% left.

31% screen with 2h 2m

25% phone idle with 10h 45m

So phone idle consumes a lot but it's just a different statistics...

Rookie
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Terrible battery life - more than half drains overnight, help!!

Can anyone help, my new Xperia xzs seems to have the worst battery life I have ever got from a Sony phone (and I've had a lot). 

Overnight I'm losing more than half, this is when stamina mode is on and notifications off. 

Under Android OS, I'm getting a keep awake showing nearly 6 hrs using a big amount of battery but idle even more (pics attached). 

This phone battery should last at least a day, but I wouldn't get a days use even if I didn't pick it up; any help would be greatly appreciated as otherwise I can't see how I can keep using this long term Screenshot_20170718-072218.png

_20170718_075555.JPG

_20170718_075538.JPG

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Re: Terrible battery life - more than half drains overnight, help!!

@Fratpack444

boot the phone on safe mode and check if you experience the same battery drain overnight

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Is this issue fixed? Phone idle battery drain?

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Yesterday night my phone was at 92% (10:30 pm) and in the morning (6 am) it was at 27%. Phone idle using the majority of the battery, but this did not happen before with the previous OS and same phone/application settings.

Seems to be that Android 7.1.1 is improving performance but reducing battery life.

Any suggestions on this?

SONY: are you having/deteted the same problem? Do you have any advice/suggestion on what to do?

Rookie
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hello mate, I had the same issue. The way around it for me which isn't ideal but works is to install greenify and hibernation manager from the playstore. Set those up to instantly sleep all applications apart from those u use when the screen is off and it worked perfectly. It now uses about 2% overnight. Not sure which of the 2 apps works best but I don't want to risk deleting one just incase I get the same issues again. Hope that helps, I know it was a nightmare for me

Steve